The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya 645 DF

S

Shelby Lewis

Shelby I have a P25 Plus in Mamiya mount that I want to get a P30 Plus so it is for sale. Shameless plug. LOL
(Ignore that this is going OT)

Plug away Guy... send me a note as to what you're interested in selling it for. I'm a canon shooter (who doesn't like canon or nikon... am intrigued with the a900 however)... but every time I shoot something like the pics below (all from various high school senior portrait session), I wish I had the bit depth and "umph" that MF provides.

Do I wanna shoot every frame with it... nah... just mostly :D

All with the lowly canon 5D (man i'd love more DR and cleaner skies):

or this (HEAVY manipulation here):

or this:

or this (get where this is going :D):

J

jmvdigital

Shelby, you should definitely move to MF... cause these shots are terrible! :LOL:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Shelby,

Justin is being a bit sarchastic, but I agree with him in that your images show outstanding talent and artistic appeal, and IMO are being limited only by the technical performance of whatever gear you shot them with. You are clearly ready to make the move to MF!

:thumbs:,

S

Shelby Lewis

Shelby,

Justin is being a bit sarchastic, but I agree with him in that your images show outstanding talent and artistic appeal, and IMO are being limited only by the technical performance of whatever gear you shot them with. You are clearly ready to make the move to MF!

:thumbs:,
Wow... such kind words. Just walked in after a brutal day shooting a wedding, and comments like that make my feet ache a little less. :ROTFL:

Can we start an endowment for me here at GetDpi? :D

Thanks Jack, much appreciated.
Shelby

dogstarnyc

Jack is spot on, you show great creative talent and like a lot of you want it all !!!! Great highlight and show detail, I stayed with mt Fuji S5 and it sitslong side the MF kit... both give me fab dynamic range.

I know...... you buy my ZD back.... I buy Guy's P25.... he gets then to buy the P30 he wants...

:salute: