The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Still using film sometimes! Question about Sinar C

S

stevenkania

Sorry. this message was intended for large format. But I couldn't delete it. Maybe someone can move it!
Thanks in advance.
------------------

I have seen a package on sale that includes the following:

Front : F2
Rear : P2
2 bellows
1 wide angle bellows
4 PLANE FILM Casettes
1 POLAROID ADAPTOR
1 ZOOM ADAPTOR ( 4,5 X 6 - 6 X 6 - 6 X 7 - 6 X 9 - 6 X 12 )

4 Lenses:
65 mm SINARON ( Mint )
90 mm SINARON ( E+ )
150 mm SINARON ( Mint )
180 mm SINARON ( Mint )

Is 1000 USD a correct price? Is this camera worth anything to start with this format?

Can any digital backs be fitted to this camera in the future? I have not seen a combo like that until now.

Please advise.

Steven

S

stevenkania

Here is the photo of the setup. I'm not an expert about these cameras at all. Can you see any missing hardware?

Lars

Looks like a fairly complete kit for shooting 4x5 and MF roll film. Add a tripod, a focusing loupe, a spotmeter, and a changing bag and you are set to go. That zoom adaptor alone makes this package interesting. The lenses are interesting too. If nothing else, buy it and sell the parts separately, you'll make a profit. Forget about the polaroid adapter, it's worthless.

The camera is actually the least attractive part - LF shooters want mobile cameras today and a Sinar monorail is not exactly mobile - it just won't fold flat. You might want to think about that, a monorail like this will want to stay in the studio.

4x5 adapters for digital are plenty, the problem is with a MFDB sensor being so small the lenses become almost useless and it will be very difficult to use wideangle digital lenses with that rig. Scanning backs would work fine but that's a different kind of photography.

FromJapan

This is a great deal. If you're not buying, let me know. I still use film - and a scanning back as well!

Cheers,
Kumar

S

stevenkania

Thanks for your replies.
What is a scanning back?

I now understand that the camera is not for DB, although it may be fitted with one.

I'll report if I can buy it.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
You'll want an Minolta Autometer to go with that Booster probe. The probe will let you take measurements right off the GG. If the shutters haven't been checked and calibrated the last 3 years you'll probably want to get this done up front. I agree with Lars on the pola holder - you can't buy film for it anymore so unless you get a few boxes of pola film in the deal you might as well tell the seller to toss it.

FromJapan

I agree with Lars on the pola holder - you can't buy film for it anymore so unless you get a few boxes of pola film in the deal you might as well tell the seller to toss it.
That looks like a Polaroid 405 holder. Fuji still makes instant pack film (Fuji FP100C, FP100B, and FP3000B) for this holder.

Cheers,
Kumar