The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 4.7 just released

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I know this will sound trivial to most, but the fact we can now use C1 to edit jpegs directly is pretty dang cool!

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
. . . or when someone gives you a JPEG or TIFF file that you have to fix up a bit, nice to be able to do that in C1 now.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The further I get away from using Photoshop the better as I can work my files in C1 from Raw to final this becomes very important. This is a added benefit to that end

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Guy, don't remember what my other time was, but just ran 10 P45+ files at full rez 16-bit output and it took 1:22 on my desktop box.

~~~

Doug... I like the improvements, but why can't they get the silly little annoyances fixed? First off, it still counts wrong on a batch process (everything is 1) and we still cannot set any defaults except for sharpening and noise reduction. :wtf:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Doug... I like the improvements, but why can't they get the silly little annoyances fixed? First off, it still counts wrong on a batch process (everything is 1) and we still cannot set any defaults except for sharpening and noise reduction. :wtf:
Yeah, the batch process counter being wrong still is REALLY annoying. There is no point in having a counter if it only ever indicates 1... 1... 1... 1...

P

parsnip_lee

...Or the zoom in live preview still being all kinds of wonky. I would think they would focus on the problems in the current version before adding new features.

scatesmd

Workshop Member
Hi All,

How do you install this upgrade on a PC?

If I ask it to upgrade the old program, it fails and says the old files can't be replaced. If I try to uninstall the old one first, there is still a Phase One folder that has a captureone process.exe file that cannot be deleted and the new install fails, as it can't read over the old file.

The result is that the old program can't run and I can't install 4.7, so I'm back to ACR.

How do I delete the old Phase one folder and start over?

Thanks, steve

PeterL

Another cool new feature is <ctrl> click when you're zoomed in - it brings up a mini version of the Navigator window, in which you can move the current view around on top of the image. Very slick.

Cheers, -Peter

Ben Rubinstein

A few questions from someone who has only ever used ACR/LR. Can you set up a default reciepe to be applied as default to all images? Are there local adjustments?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Ben:

There are no local edtis, and as of now, you cannot set defaults other than for sharpening and noise reduction. You can however add "presets" but of course have to select them from a drop-down menu. However, you can save multiple recipes which can be individually applied to a single file on output giving you multiple versions of any single capture. Finally, you can easily apply a set of adjustments you made on one file, to as many other files as you want, singly or en-mass.

Hope that helps,

charlesphoto

What I would love to see and I wrote about on the Phase forum is customization of the Main tabs (Phase calls them the Tool Tabs) just like the tool bar. For example I don't shoot tethered so I have no need for the Camera tab to be out front. let me move it to the back or get rid of it altogether. Likewise I now have all my exposure adjustments under my Q tab so no longer any need for that. And if I want to create a custom Tab I probably want that out front and not buried to the back.

Been out of town so haven't tried 4.7 yet. Will later today.

Ben Rubinstein

I downloaded a trial version. Why are the images so much brighter on screen in C1 than PS? (ACR is perfect), also the canon RAW's come up far darker than either ACR or the in camera histogram/image appears. To be honest after playing with it for a couple of hours, I think I'm going to stick with ACR and my custom colour profiles made with the DNG Profile Editor.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
What I would love to see and I wrote about on the Phase forum is customization of the Main tabs (Phase calls them the Tool Tabs) just like the tool bar. For example I don't shoot tethered so I have no need for the Camera tab to be out front. let me move it to the back or get rid of it altogether. Likewise I now have all my exposure adjustments under my Q tab so no longer any need for that. And if I want to create a custom Tab I probably want that out front and not buried to the back.

Been out of town so haven't tried 4.7 yet. Will later today.
Just like this on one tab I can add as many options as i want and also move them around. What this gives me is i don't have to jump between tabs .I can work only this one and have everything I need right on screen. C1 takes some time to learn but in the end it still is my favorite raw processor

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I downloaded a trial version. Why are the images so much brighter on screen in C1 than PS? (ACR is perfect), also the canon RAW's come up far darker than either ACR or the in camera histogram/image appears. To be honest after playing with it for a couple of hours, I think I'm going to stick with ACR and my custom colour profiles made with the DNG Profile Editor.
Ben,

In the process tab is a place to set your output profile; ie Adobe RGB or ProfotoRGB, etc. Once you do that, things should look right. You can also proof by going to View>Proof Profile and selecting the appropriate profile you want to proof to.

Cheers,

charlesphoto

Just like this on one tab I can add as many options as i want and also move them around. What this gives me is i don't have to jump between tabs .I can work only this one and have everything I need right on screen. C1 takes some time to learn but in the end it still is my favorite raw processor
I have it set up similar to you, but I still would like to have it more streamlined. For example just have the Q tab and then one other custom tab and have everything ever needed on just those two tabs and then a quick way to jump between them. Anyway, Ulf at C1 agrees and says it's on the list for consideration for future upgrades

tashley

Subscriber Member
One for Guy

Appears to be undocumented but Guy, finally the sharpness falloff slider in lens correction works for the 28D... just as I was getting more to grips with Helicon, too!