The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 4.7 just released

Clawery

Phase One just released Capture One 4.7 today. There are some much anticipated improvements with the new release. Here is a quick list of some of the additions to the new version:

1. Added tethered support (Pro version) for Canon 5D Mk II and Nikon D3X
2. Newly designed file format - (.eip new file extension) allows packaging of Phase One files along with adjustments settings applied to the RAW (with no changes to the original RAW).
3. Support for JPEG and Tiff flies as 'Input' files - v4.7 will allow you to adjust JPEG and TIFFs similar to RAWs.

You can download v4.7 from Phase One's web site:

http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Downloads/CO4.aspx

Chris Lawery (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Thanks Doug. I guess I misunderstood. (And it makes sense, 'cuz I was referring to the native output from the back, and that's a firmware issue I suppose.) I was hoping that the Phase RAWs could be called something other than .tif for non-tethered shooting.
You can select IIQ or TIF as the file extension for the "native output" of the P65+ and all future backs. The former is less prone to be confused with processed tiffs while the later is able to be opened by programs such as Photoshop or Lightroom.

It is only the file extension however. You can rename Photo_1.IIQ to Photo_1.TIF and open it in Photoshop.

Long term I would expect Adobe Camera Raw to start recognizing IIQ as the same as TIF, but I have no inside information on if/when that will happen.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Loaded and installed in a snap here and running fine so far!

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
- default keyboard shortcuts now include + - * used for tagging green, yellow, red to match the convention established in 3.X
- keyboard arrow "bumps" for any adjustments; you can now use apple-Left, or apple-Right to change between images and change the exposure, contrast etc with up and down
- allowing JPGs and TIFFs as inputs so that if you're shooting JPG for speed on a Canon tethered you can still make minor adjustments and make web contact sheets using those assets
- tethered support for the D3X and 5DII
- exclusion of the rating and color tag from the "copy from primary" next capture adjustments so tagging is not included in incoming images

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Sounds trivial but I noticed immediately the selection white box around the frame you pick is much brighter. This is very good

Guy Mancuso

Okay this got faster. Not sure what is going on under the hood but I have been testing my new laptop with different drives and such for speed and especially in C1 because that is my main area of concern. My test includes processing 10 P45 plus files at full res. and the best time I just got so far with the current config. with two SSD drives running Raid 0 was 4:35. I just got 3:40 with 4.7. Jack and Bob please try your test again. Want to make sure my numbers are not bogus and see if you guy's picked up time.

Guy Mancuso

- keyboard arrow "bumps" for any adjustments; you can now use apple-Left, or apple-Right to change between images and change the exposure, contrast etc with up and down

Hmmm I can't get the exposure and contrast to work on up and down arrow keys. I love this idea though. Talk to me Doug, what am I missing here or what tab

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
http://www.captureintegration.com/2009/04/02/quick-adjustments/ for full article.

Summary:

1. Select the first raw by clicking on it’s thumbnail
2. Go to the adjustment in question and place your cursor within the text entry box for that adjustment.
3. Use the up and down keys to bump that adjustment up or down.
4. Use Apple-Left and Apple-Right to move to the next or previous image.

Note that you can leave the Apple key depressed while you push up and down to reduce the number of total keystrokes involved.

Do this for a couple minutes and pretty soon your fingers will train yourself and you can adjust upwards of a frame per second.

Guy Mancuso

whoa . Try this you can actually use the Tab key to move down the columns. Now this is even better than hit up or down keys

Guy Mancuso

Doug a suggestion to pass on. When you tab the slider or box lights up in white it would be nice if it lit up in like green so it is easy to identify instead of white. This way it is a lot easier to see where you are. And only tab to a slider and/or box and leave out the title bar. Try it and you will see what I mean