The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is there a better shoulder bag to use with MFDB kit?

Henry Goh

P1 camera + P30+ back + 2 lenses.

Anyone using say a Think Tank or other nylon made bags instead of the Pelican case? Prefer using a should slung bag so looking for inputs. Thanks.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Think Tank Street walker Pro. But with just that a Streetwalker would work fine as well. Nice bags love mine. In mine the Pro version. Body, back and lens attached . Than 28,35,55,150 2.8 and Metz plus a extra pocket or two for batteries and such but the nice thing is the outside pockets which can hold a lot of stuff if and when needed. The regular version is not as deep so for me I would have had to lay down the 28 and 150 2.8 because they are fairly big lenses

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I would go into a store with your gear and play around with it and see what you like the best. I'm a bag whore and switch out until I find one i really like and this new one i like a lot

Paratom

I use a ProMag2AW and it takes my Hy6 with attached lens plus 2 more lenses (one over the other), the front bag can easily take a Metz54 flash, cable release, spare battery etc.
Its ok to carry it over the shoulder (not great but still ok) and you can acces it quite fast.
I would also go to a store and check out several bags and choose the one which fits your needs best.
Cheers, Tom

Stuart Richardson

I really like the Billingham 445. It is waterproof, extremely cavernous (fits a few lens D3 kit AND a few lens Hy6 kit), and the carrying is really well-designed -- the strap is very comfortable.