The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Did Capture One get painfully slow with the new version?

Seems like its back to its slow self from several versions ago. The UI is super slow. Beach ball every time I grab a slider or do anything.

Anyone else have this experience?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I've noticed that a few times with older sessions. Try nuking the session file and let it rebuild itself. Seemed to work for me.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
It needs to update/upgrade cache files when opening a session in a new version for the first time. That can reduce performance dramatically. If that's not the issue then Jack's suggestion to nuke the session file is right, though you should first try to delete the Capture One > Cache folder within the folder containing the raws and then letting it redraw the cache files.

Let us know your results Jeffrey!

I'd also be interested to know if the EIP format has any use for you since you shoot so much architecture.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I don't do new sessions like most folks do but I did get rid of the default and start fresh and it picked up a touch in speed.