The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase,Leaf,Sinar and Hassy: Extended warranty

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just wandering if you can buy a extended warranty on these systems. I know there is value added and classic warranty for the Phase and when that runs out can you buy more time. Hassy i am not sure on there warranties and if you can extend them. Anyone have answers on this and costs. Leaf and Sinar as well

harmsr

Workshop Member
Yes on Hassy, but I don't remember the cost. I thought it was more than Phase at around $2500 for a year extra.

carstenw

Are you considering a jump to Hasselblad, Guy? I thought you just wanted a P30+ for your AFDIII.

Guy Mancuso

I do but honestly if i ever switched my first choice would be Hassy. Nice to know what systems extended warranties are, really never been clearly defined before. If I do buy the P30 plus i do have to look at extending the warranty.

carstenw

Well, the funny thing is that sometimes you forget the 'plus', including one time when you were telling people you were selling your P25+. You'll get a bad price that way :) But the buyer will get a nice surprise :LOL:

Guy Mancuso

I think that maybe why I actually spell it out. But yes your right leaving that out is deadly to the wallet.

fotografz

Just wandering if you can buy a extended warranty on these systems. I know there is value added and classic warranty for the Phase and when that runs out can you buy more time. Hassy i am not sure on there warranties and if you can extend them. Anyone have answers on this and costs. Leaf and Sinar as well
Guy:

www.hasselbladusa.com/service--support/add-on-services/extended-warranty.aspx

Oh, and I recall a significant price drop for the warranty recently, but can't remember the details since mine are both still in warranty.

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Marc
Warranty is extended for one year at a time.
For digital backs and DSLRs up to 2 additional years can be purchased during valid warranty period for a total of 3 years. Have to call Hassy for pricing on it

Clawery

Can you buy longer
Guy,

Here is a quick breakdown of some of Phase One's warranties for P/P+ backs:

1 yr. repair warranty (18MP or smaller sensor) = $699
1 yr. repair warranty (18MP or smaller sensor) out of warranty =$999
1 yr. uptime assurance (18MP or smaller)w/loaner = $1499
1 yr. uptime assurance (18MP or smaller)w/loaner out of warranty=$1999

1 yr. repair warranty (22MP or larger sensor) = $999
1 yr. repair warranty (22MP or larger sensor) out of warranty=$1499
1 yr. uptime assurance (22MP or larger)w/loaner = $1799
1 yr. uptime assurance (22MP or larger)w/loaner out of warranty=$2699

Chris Lawery (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

Guy Mancuso

This part is confusing. Does this mean if you buy the extended 1 year while you are still under the original warranty it would be 999.

If your original warranty is out or you buy a used one with no warranty to get a one year it is 1499.

Do I have that correct

Clawery

This part is confusing. Does this mean if you buy the extended 1 year while you are still under the original warranty it would be 999.

If your original warranty is out or you buy a used one with no warranty to get a one year it is 1499.

Do I have that correct
Guy,

That is correct. If you are still within warranty your price is $999, but if you back falls out of warranty or you purchase a used one without a warranty then it is $1499.

Chris Lawery (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

J

JEM_DTG

Hasselblad Digital Capture Warranty Info:

FlexCare Depot Warranty: Extends the Standard 1-year Depot warranty to an additional one or two years of Depot warranty
for up to a total of 3-years of Depot warranty.

FlexCare Enhanced 1st year Warranty: Upgrades the standard 1-year depot warranty to "Hot Swap" warranty during the first year. (Included No Charge when FlexCare Enhanced Extended Warranty is purchased.)

FlexCare Enhanced Extended Warranty: Extends the standard warranty for a given number of years up to a total of 3 years and upgrades the standard warranty to a "Hot Swap" warranty for the entire warranty period.

All extended warrantied may be purchased anytime during the initial, standard warranty period.

CFV, 503CWD (original and new II series models)
• FlexCare Depot Warranty $495
• FlexCare Enhanced 1st year Warranty $595
• FlexCare Enhanced Extended Warranty $795

CFII-39, CF-22, CF132, CFH132, CFH39
• FlexCare Depot Warranty $595
• FlexCare Enhanced 1st year Warranty $795
• FlexCare Enhanced Extended Warranty $995

CF-22MS, CF-39MS, CFII-39MS
• FlexCare Depot Warranty $595
• FlexCare Enhanced 1st year Warranty $795
• FlexCare Enhanced Extended Warranty $995

Hasselblad H3D/II-Series (22,31,39,50MP)
• FlexCare Depot Warranty $795
• FlexCare Enhanced 1st year Warranty $995
• FlexCare Enhanced Extended Warranty $1,495

Hasselblad H3DII-39MS & H3DII-60
• FlexCare Depot Warranty $795
• FlexCare Enhanced 1st year Warranty $995
• FlexCare Enhanced Extended Warranty $1,495

Jordan E. Miller
Digital Technology Group, Inc.
(813) 889-0660 local
(813) 507-9173 mobile
(800) 681-0024 toll free
(813) 888-9680 fax
[email protected]
www.DTGweb.com

E

edwinb

sinar standard warranty is 2 years
currently extended to 3 years if registered with serial number
The warranty is transferable.
Image2output offer service / support contracts on all sinar (and Foba) equipment in or out of warranty. (I guess distributors in other countries also offer such)
Breakdown insurance on a complete system can be a viable alternative if it is covering the hire costs for the duration of any repair.
Edwin