The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya or Phase AFD III NIMH batteries used

Paul2660

I would like to know some brands of NIMH batteries that others are using. I have had very limited success with NIMH on the Phase One body, so far I have used older (2 year old) MAHA's, 2200 milamp, Radio Shack 2400 (brand new 2400 Milamp) and Everready (brandnew 2450 Milamp).

With 6 cells, right from the charger, I am lucky to get 100 exposures before I get a low battery light on the camera, after which quickly follows a locked mirror until I pull the pack.

Thanks
Paul Caldwell

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Yes, I used my Eneloops on a recent shoot in AZ - they gave me roughly 150 shots per charge of "straight shooting", all of it MLU with self timer. If I let them rest for a few hours, they'd give me more.

Bill

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I have some Enloops and some Lenmars, and they both seem to work fine, though the Enloops seem to last a tad longer. But the real joy is the Maha 8-cell 2-hour charger :D

gsking

Wow, does the camera body pull that much juice? I use lithiums in mine (lighter weight) and they last longer than I do...until I forget and leave it turned on. ;)

I figured rechargeables made sense for digital cameras/backs, but never found a need for them for the film bodies. I guess if I were pro...

Greg

kdphotography

The Energizer Lithiums definitely last longer and are lighter weight. Ideal for when you are on the road. Energizer now offers two different Lithium AAs (thanks for the marketing confusion)---"Advanced" and "Ultimate." It's the Ultimate that is better.

For closer to home-base, the rechargeables make sense. Just picked up a set of the Eneloops and the Maha 8-cell recharger is on the list. Thanks for the link!

jdbfreeheel

I have some Enloops and some Lenmars, and they both seem to work fine, though the Enloops seem to last a tad longer. But the real joy is the Maha 8-cell 2-hour charger :D
Jack, so you charge the Enloops with the Maha charger? Just want to clarify. I assume the technology is all aligned but wanted to be sure.

-Josh

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack, so you charge the Enloops with the Maha charger? Just want to clarify. I assume the technology is all aligned but wanted to be sure.

-Josh
I charge both the Enloops and the Lenmars with the Maha charger -- the Maha charger works far better with both than the chargers they came with -- faster and the charge holds a lot longer, like 2x longer...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
All I use are the eneloops been charging them in the Maha for almost a year now. No issues and they hold a charge for a long time

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I can go about 300 normally which is pretty darn good and actually longer depending on what I am doing. I use them in my Metz also. I have like 20 of them. I carry the lithium's in my bag as back up because they are very light but they are expensive. But I really like the eneloops and mine are pretty old and they are still going strong. The nice thing about them is they can sit for long periods of time without losing there charge. Highly recommend them