The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

contax 645

gogopix

Subscriber
ok now the f5.6
Remember these are crops of the P65+, so 1000 pixels is only about 10% of the frame whereas for 22MP or 30MP it is 15-20% of the frame. This is really zoomed in and will show the lens performance.

Note that the f3.5 were pretty darn good. Here, the first one may be OOF as it may have focused a but farther out (no reson for 5.6 to be less sharp tha 3.5 we are no where near a difraction limit)

Note too that the upper rt corner at 5.6 seems a bit sharper (both 3.5 and 5.6 shot are at infinity, so, unless the tree walked on me, they should be in the same DOF :)

BTW to see in all their glory, you need to ck twice-to get a separate image, then zoom. Better just download
anybody want the raw I can send via YOUSENDIT
Dont woryy CR; these ain't gonna make House Beautiful!:ROTFL:

Regards
Victor

PS Carsten; Gefaelt Ihnen diese Bildgruppe? SInd Sie eigentlich Englaender oder Amerikaner?

BradleyGibson

Hi, Victor,

Wow, that's astonishing corner performance, particularly at near FF with that kind of contrast and fine detail (last photograph).

That is just superb.

-Brad

Last edited:

carstenw

Not perfect, but as close as possible. I hope my copy is as good. I should find out as soon as I develop the rolls of Adox CHS 25 I shot last weekend.

Actually, it occurs to me to ask if there was any wind, since some of the twigs in the upper right look sharper than most of the leaves?

Victor, die Bilder sind perfekt. Ich bin in Schottland geboren, bin aber in Dänemark und Kanada aufgewachsen, also weder noch :)

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber
Good eyes, Carsten! Yes, a fair wind these last few days (we had a power outage from 'donnerwetter' last night), I waited for local calm, but the tree is about 100m away, and higher sooo, yes even at 180 you are going to get flutter blur.
BTW since the 100% is 8-10x, even 35mm lens will behave like a 350mm from a blur POV (of course will NOT have the local vibration issue snce it is a short lens.)
BTW all taken at 2s delay, so almost all mirror slap out. No Manfrotto bar though and camera on a 3 series Gitzo tripod.

Victor

carstenw

That's even more amazing! I wonder what this lens would do in the corners with a 5-series and no wind? Amazing.