The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digi back for Horseman SW612

JimCollum

no. but they make the SWD II, which can use all the lenses you have for your SW body. I have one, and love it

jim

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
The SWD is a nice tool. It doesn't have geared movements like the Cambo or Alpa equivalents, but it's solidly built and more importantly let's you use the latest Rodenstock and Schneider digital lenses with shift for the maximum

This is one area where Phase One backs have a huge advantage. Since Phase backs have a dedicated battery they can be used with no further external power or storage devices on a tech camera. The long exposure abilities of the Phase One backs, unique in medium format digital, also comes into play if you're shooting at all in the late evening or at night where exposures at f/11 ISO50 frequently go into "many minutes".

That said you can also use most/all Hasselblad, Leaf, and Sinar backs on a Horseman. You just need the "FlexAdapter" plate for the body-mount of the back. We have several used plates we could sell at a discount ("used" in this case is a relatively meaningless word since the plate is solid metal and has no moving parts). Each back manufacturer has a few advantages and disadvantages (does it need an external battery? what is the trigger method? can it do long exposure? what is the lens-cast workflow? how durable is it in extreme weather?

When you answer all of these questions I think that Phase backs are best suited for use on a tech camera.

We are a dealer for both Phase One and Horseman if you have any further questions.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

Last edited:

jlm

Workshop Member
sheepish grin...
i have a used horseman SWII/.rodenstock 35 for sale. with viewer, V back and V groundglass all in like new conditon
i bumped the ad from the buy and sell