The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Quick P30+ test.

Clawery

You are going to love that P30+!

Oh.. watch out for Don.. he can spot a bad tag @ 1/2 mile away!

Chris Lawery(e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks Chris. I do have to send the body in for the firmware upgrade to 1.5 and thanks to Doug for getting me all the data I need to send that in early next week. I need to get out this weekend and play a little and get used to the crop. Which honestly never bothered me much with the M8 or DMR. Kind of tuned into 1.3 . LOL

A

Alexander Bauer

Phase One is what I want maybe P30+ but Phase WILL NOT lower their prices to go after Hasselblads a*s*s or.. much less after Canons or Nikons

it seriously hurts :scry:

back to 4/3rds Cameras section lol.

PS: Guy good luck with P30+ after all maybe you should go with P40+
because of the trade value.

Guy Mancuso

Check with the folks at Capture Integration actually call Chris above this post , he maybe able to help you.

A

Alexander Bauer

i will definitely call Chris when I'm ready

to tell you the truth I'm sick of the past and future MFDB marketing and pricing games
and all of their software issues.

I hope they will wake up soon

ps: usually Phase dealers are alert and helpful but just from browsing this forum i think
Capture Integration deserves the trophy

Guy Mancuso

Well I would be a little parcel to say they are but I can't lie either. LOL

I can only go by my experience and the experience my friends have had with them.

A

andershald

Hi Guy.

Congratulations on the P30+. I hope you will be as happy with yours as I am with mine.

Best regards,
Anders

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Phase One is what I want maybe P30+ but Phase WILL NOT lower their prices to go after Hasselblads a*s*s or.. much less after Canons or Nikons

it seriously hurts :scry:

back to 4/3rds Cameras section lol.

PS: Guy good luck with P30+ after all maybe you should go with P40+
because of the trade value.
A New H3D-II-31 back/body/lens is $14,990 as listed on Calumet (if there are better list prices please correct me).

List price for a refurbished Phase One P30+, Phase One body, and Phase One 80mm lens is $14,990 (back only is $11,990). Refurbished digital backs are a really great value because you get the warranty and dealer support, the back is inspected by the factory, you get all new accessories, and with no moving parts used in the capture of an image the longevity of these backs is incredible. The new (vs. refurbished) P30+ kit is only $2000 more. Add $5000 and get a P40+ with a much faster capture rate and another 10 megapixles.

If for your needs the price of medium format is not worth the difference in quality then by all means stay with a dSLR. They are good tools too. Medium format is priced higher and still sells well because enough photographers find them worth that higher price.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up