The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zero Financing

woodyspedden

Not rationing stamps at all.

Following world war II a company called S&H started marketing green stamps which other vendors would supply when buying their products. S&H itself had a catalog of items that could be redeemed with those stamps. If I recall, this went on for quite a long time but by the Mid-60's they were gone. The marketers themselves started offering points which could then be redeemed from a gift catalog. When this happened there was no point to S&H particularly since the companies now offering the redemption got some add on sales and brand loyalty as a result of the direct program.

Hope this helps young people who are not old enough to remember these shenanigans! LOL

Woody

beamon

Following world war II a company called S&H started marketing green stamps which other vendors would supply when buying their products.
Woody
And the S & H stood for Sperry and Hutchinson. I didn't have to look it up as I was old enough to be using them as a young married adult! :p

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I remember me and my mom pasting those stamps on and it was a treat to go to the catalog store and get stuff. Seemed like it was free

gsking

There's an art to negotiation and thankfully I've slept with and had pillow talk with a government procument/negotitions expert till she retired.
Don
Don,

Sounds like you negotiated well if you got to trade up after that model was obselete. :ROTFL:

(No insult intended...just playing off the humour of the "till she retired" qualifier.

Greg

Don Libby

Don,

Sounds like you negotiated well if you got to trade up after that model was obselete. :ROTFL:

(No insult intended...just playing off the humour of the "till she retired" qualifier.

Greg
No worries Greg although I had thought about letting you sweat for awhile. Looking back on the message I think I could of used better wording; then again I did say she retired not she was retired...

I have to play nice as she is my office manager now.

This also reminds me that our last two dogs were "retired" a year apart both in February which also happens to be my birth month. I can see this conversation taking a whole new direction. Okay babble mode off, count this as the end of a long day in the sun.

Don

lance_schad

Workshop Member
I guess since the topic turned to S&H green stamps one found memory I have is the Brady Bunch episode where there was competition over how to redeem the trading stamps saved up by the family. The boys wanted a canoe I think and the girls a sewing machine....Oh those crazy kids and Alice.

Seriously though no additional info on specifics of this program?

L

Steve Hendrix

I guess since the topic turned to S&H green stamps one found memory I have is the Brady Bunch episode where there was competition over how to redeem the trading stamps saved up by the family. The boys wanted a canoe I think and the girls a sewing machine....Oh those crazy kids and Alice.

Seriously though no additional info on specifics of this program?

L
I'm sure anyone who is really interested can speak directly with Capture Integration and get all the details they need customized for whatever product they might be interested in.

Steve Hendrix
Phase One

woodyspedden

And the S & H stood for Sperry and Hutchinson. I didn't have to look it up as I was old enough to be using them as a young married adult! :p
Hey Roger

Me too (I am now 72)

Isn't it fun to get old. At our age we can spend real time just reminiscing. Try that if you are under 50! LOL

Woody

Clawery

I'm sure anyone who is really interested can speak directly with Capture Integration and get all the details they need customized for whatever product they might be interested in.

Steve Hendrix
Phase One
Steve is correct. Capture Integration will gladly talk with anyone interested in the 0% financing for 18 month offer that we are currently running.

Sorry for going off topic, but it offered Don and I some good banter! :LOL:

Chris Lawery(e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

Don Libby

Since I am still involved in consulting and involved in the sales of high-end digital photo gear I was just curious as others maybe of how this worked out.
I have helped and still keep in contact with several forum members since my departure from CI.
I do not always re-sell the gear myself, sometimes I make a referral to a preferred dealer for the completion of the transaction.
As there were no clear details listed here or on the website I thought I would inquire because it maybe of interest to many.
L
Lance - just a quick question and maybe I missed it along the way, but why are you no longer with CI? I ask as they seem to be a good company to work for. I figure from a consumer/client point of view they've always have been up front in their messages and dealings on the 2 boards I know of and they've earned my respect and friendship as well. I know you helped open their Miami store which wasn't all that long ago.

It just seems (at least to me) to be the 2 ton elephant in the room. I can understand privacy issues and I have no intent to cause harm to anyone.

I've had this question for some time but never got around to asking. I do want to thank you for your support and help while at CI.

Don