The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How much did you pay for the Mamiya Sekor 150mm f/2.8D?

Henry Goh

For those of you who are lucky enough to have bought the Mamiya Sekor 150mm f/2.8 D AF lens, may I ask how much did you have to pay?

Henry Goh

Hey Guy, Yeah I remember you and Jack bought quite early on. I'm trying to get a friend to buy from his dealer in Taiwan. Waiting for his reply. Was told I may be able to get quite a good price.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yes Jack and I where actually the first out of the gate on this lens. Proved to be a worthy investment. I shoot it a lot.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Actually just shot this 2 weeks ago for a actor and a new headshot he needed for auditions. Actually I just noticed this was my LAST P25 + shot I took. Shot at F13 with 3 strobes. Downsizing it made it a little crunchy on the web

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Shorter answer,

"Too much!" :ROTFL:

Guy, that is a perfect example of what this lens is capable of producing!

:thumbs:,

J

jmvdigital

Definitely an excellent lens. Easily my most used. I think I paid slightly over 3100.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Harry's Pro Shop has it for CDN $2899 - about US $2500. It's gray market but he provides his own warranty. I bought my 28 mm, 35 mm, 150 (3.5) and 75-250 D zoom from him and have had no problems at all. Highly recommended.
Bill

carstenw

I can strongly recommend Harry's Pro Shop. Bought my Contax 645 120 Macro there, got a nice price, and had a great, funny conversation with someone there (Brian?).

Henry Goh

Just received my 150mm IF D f/2.8 lens. Shot it wide open with a P30+. Wow, really crisp for wide open.

Got a fantastic price on this too.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Just received my 150mm IF D f/2.8 lens. Shot it wide open with a P30+. Wow, really crisp for wide open.

Got a fantastic price on this too.
Now why did you go and do that? I don't need a post like that.

Now I'm going to have to get one too - even though I really don't need it. On top of the cost, I'll have to take my wife out for a really expensive dinner in order to beg forgiveness. (Never ask permission first!)
Bill

Henry Goh

Now why did you go and do that? I don't need a post like that.

Now I'm going to have to get one too - even though I really don't need it. On top of the cost, I'll have to take my wife out for a really expensive dinner in order to beg forgiveness. (Never ask permission first!)
Bill
LOL
Bill, you are lucky you already know the outcome. Me, I bought the lens and have not even told my better half about it so I'm going to have to work harder than just an expensive dinner. I may end up having to buy an equivalent value of stuff she likes. That means this lens is going to cost me $4,400!

But from the short time I have it, I can say it is well worth it.