The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone here Artec experience ?

Paratom

Has any of you guys used or tried an Artec or know of any sources/information from people who use it?
I wonder how good it works regarding tollerances and reliability of the movements etc.
I had one in my hand once but could not take any images with it.
While the Alpa SWA is maybe prettier I still believe in the end the Artec offers more (more movements, and the posibility to check focus atc. on the groundgrass with the sliding adapter) and prices of the Artec have come down as well.
The dowside I see is that the Artec is not made for handholding and its a little wider (not heavier though as far as I understand).

Regards, Tom

carstenw

Go onto LL and ask Rainer Viertlböck. He is very, very good, and helped design it. He is also very helpful and open. He is also German :)

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Rainer is certainly the first quality source as he made his dreams come true with this camera. Another way I would go is to call Sinar and ask for References to talk to.