The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

P65+ diary

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Greetings,

I meet all day long with phase one in Cologne-Germany to discuss a package with them. Very nice and helpfull chaps there. So far things are looking good for my little project shooting a portfolio for a national park here in Ireland.

In the next few days I should get a pelicase from Daenmark with the 645, P65+, 28mm, 80mm and 75-150mm.

I will write a diary on impressions shooting with the system from the perspective of a landscape photographer. I'll be shooting for 5 weeks straight every minute that it is dry here in Ireland. <note to self: Slaughter a goat and present to the Gods, pray for rain only at nights >:ROTFL:

The diary will be published on LuLa, the Luminous Landscape Website somewhere around July I would hope.

However, as I go along, I will post some examples in this thread here upfront before the diary is complete.

From July - September Oceanviewstudio will be on the premises of the National Park in Glenveagh-County Donegal, Republic of Ireland, creating and offering prints to the public. I will be there 24/7 during that time. We will have a small room in the courtyard area at the Castle. (Busses arrive there!) The prints can be seen all over the place, visitors center, castle, restaurant etc. for this time. So if you should visit Ireland, in particular Donegal at this time, make sure you come by, would be fantastic to meet fellow GETDPI's here. :)

In September we will have a special event to where I invite something like ~100 wellknown Ladies and Gentlemen. On this Night we will auction four specials print that are created only once and for this purpose. 60x50 inch and larger, printed on Ultrasmooth fine art paper, matted and framed to the highest standards with a starting bid of 3,500 Euros. My goal is to raise a minimum of 20,000 euros.

All the monies will go to 100% to the Letterkenny hospice in the area here. The Folks there are doing an excellent job and particulary in these difficult times they can use every penny.

I wish to thank phase one in cologne and of course the folks in Daenmark who make it happen for their fantastic support in that project!

Stay tuned....

Now I shall leave the Hotel and meet with friends that I know since 35 years to play cards in a Beergarden on a fine summer day.:)

Best wishes
Oceanviewstudio
Georg Baumann

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Georg:

Best of luck with the project, and we're certainly looking forward to seeing your results!

One tiny piece of advice is to be sure to *thoroughly* check out (test) each lens at various apertures BEFORE you begin to capture park images. This will insure you're fully aware of any potential shortcomings beforehand...

Best,

robmac

Georg,

Sounds like you have your hands full. Look fwd to reading about the experience and seeing the shots. Good luck with the project - great cause.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Georg!

Very good and interesting project!

And of course we are very interested in the results of this dream camera combination ;)

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Just a short update.

The gear is on it's way, but not the P65+. Phase one has quite some backorders to serve first, which is good of course, so I'll be shooting with a P45+ and eventually swap it early August for a P65+.

Admittedly, I am a bit nervous as I have very little time to get to grips with that system and get some really good shots.

While I would have loved to work with the P65+ now and also use the sensor plus technology, one advanatge in using the P45+ is the long exposure capability of course.

Trying to bridge the time until a nice pelicase arrives from Daenmark, I just enjoy the long northern nights here in Ireland.

Around 10:00 pm today: