The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ARCA-SWISS C1 Cube - 85th Anniverisay Special

I'm gonna have to go read that thread.... I've been an Arca Junkie for 15 years, but when my Manfrotto 410 does so well it is hard to justify the cost of the Cube.... I do expect that eventually....resistance is futile

Don Libby

I'm gonna have to go read that thread.... I've been an Arca Junkie for 15 years, but when my Manfrotto 410 does so well it is hard to justify the cost of the Cube.... I do expect that eventually....resistance is futile
yes we will assimilate you ...

Don

Sorry just couldn't resist ... :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

kdphotography

I think the Arca Cube is one of those things (in much the similar vein of thought as purchasing your first MFDB) that you read a tid-bit or two about, see the price tag and say, "No f***'n way am I spending that amount of cash. No ____ is worth that much...."

Then you see one. You try one. You fondle one.

Next thing you know, well, you're assimilated.

:ROTFL:

Okay, deep breath. It's just not so funny anymore after seeing my credit card balance. Mine's on order! :thumbup:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I think the Arca Cube is one of those things (in much the similar vein of thought as purchasing your first MFDB) that you read a tid-bit or two about, see the price tag and say, "No f***'n way am I spending that amount of cash. No ____ is worth that much...."

Then you see one. You try one. You fondle one.

Next thing you know, well, you're assimilated.

Okay, deep breath. It's just not so funny anymore after seeing my credit card balance. Mine's on order! :thumbup:
I just can't do it and i am the slut of hitting the buy button.

Guy Mancuso

Let me check that bank account.

Holy **** the money tree is growing upside down and in flames. I tell my kids that almost on a daily basis.

C

carbonmetrictree

Bingo, I had to send my Cube back TWICE just to get it level.

maybe i will offer a cube upgrade for the bubble levels, which are notoriously not level. certainly my own are whacky.

how about a bubble set that is user adjustable to fine tune it for dead level?

kdphotography

Let me check that bank account.

Holy **** the money tree is growing upside down and in flames. I tell my kids that almost on a daily basis.
I can't believe that Jack hasn't gotten you to put the Cube in your shopping cart yet!

Now, the trick is convincing your kids that your saving for their college education is soooo over-rated!

bensonga

$1,700....very tempting. I was thinking about one of these to use with my Ebony 45SU (like Jack, I LOVE it), which currently sits on top of a Berlebach wooden tripod and Bogen 3039 Super Pro pan tilt head. The Berlebach 3032 model which I own has a leveling ball built into it (with no center column). Besides the Cube, the other option I've been thinking about is a Linhof 3-way leveling head, which sells for about $760. I realize these two are quite different beasts, but I'd be interested to hear from anyone who might have used (or played with) both.....before I take the plunge.

Gary B.
Alaska

Guy Mancuso

Guy,

A certain Ray Mancuso Sr. won $1,000,000 in the lottery last week down here. If he's not a long lost relative he should be.
Damn wrong Mancuso. If I sold my existing head and pano clamp I could maybe get 400. It's that other 1300 that is the issue. I would like one for sure

Rethmeier

I had one of those Linhof heads with my TK 45s in my film days.
It's excellent ,but now I use the Multiflex from PhotoClam.
Regards,
Willem.

kdphotography

Damn wrong Mancuso. If I sold my existing head and pano clamp I could maybe get 400. It's that other 1300 that is the issue. I would like one for sure
You know, Guy, a new Arca Cube would be the absolute best complement to your new Phase P40+......

Ooops!

Henry Goh

In case you guys are interested. Dealer cost for Photoclam's Multiflex is US$620.00.

I don't know about Arca's Cube but IMHO both are not worth the money.

Rethmeier

Direct from PhotoClam was $985 USD.
I'm amazed that the dealers get them that "cheap".
They are now available in Australia on special order.
Regards,
Willem.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
John,
If you are going to offer adjustable levels for the cube, then we would need to consider hand lapped dovetails to get the camera square to the cube.
-bob