The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ARCA-SWISS C1 Cube - 85th Anniverisay Special

BlasR

Let me check that bank account.

Holy **** the money tree is growing upside down and in flames. I tell my kids that almost on a daily basis.
if the tree growing upside down, you don't need the latter to go up, so you are safe to pick the cash from the floor.:D:bugeyes::clap::toocool: lucky you

BlasR

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
My precioussssssss

No!

I will not read this thread.... I will not read this thread..... I will not read this thread.... My preciousssssssssssssss
:D

tashley

Subscriber Member
OK so I gave in this morning and tried to order one. Robert White here in the UK had not heard of the special offer, haven't received any of the cubes they've tried to order for a while and said that Arca are very peripatetic when it comes to responding to enquiry. Nonetheless they agreed to try to track the deal down for me and said they'd call back when they got a response from Arca.

I am sitting by the phone!

Don Libby

OK so I gave in this morning and tried to order one. Robert White here in the UK had not heard of the special offer, haven't received any of the cubes they've tried to order for a while and said that Arca are very peripatetic when it comes to responding to enquiry. Nonetheless they agreed to try to track the deal down for me and said they'd call back when they got a response from Arca.

Good luck Tim - you won't be sorry

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Tim,

Shame that you are not a MP, or here a senator....could expense this out even at the old price and make it work.

By the way I just picked up a RRS BH-55 cannot see the need for the Cube...but then again I always have to correct +- .25 - .45 in CS4. Dont think that would improve with the Cube. I do wish the 85 commerative came with a plaque and a certificate of authinticity...guess I have been a Leica owner for too many years.

Bob

tashley

Subscriber Member
Tim,

Shame that you are not a MP, or here a senator....could expense this out even at the old price and make it work.

Bob
LOL!

I just paid to have my moat cleaned out myself so there's precious little left for the cube, but I'll try to find a way of 'flipping it'!

S

Shelby Lewis

I wonder, given the recent pressures from the "Clam", just how permanent this "anniversary" special is going to be... :D:D:D

I got a chance to handle Kevin Raber's cube yesterday while I was demo-ing the P65+.

Yup, those are pretty damn nice. The fact that there is no geared rotation may just have saved my wallet... Not that there's much to save given I'm placing my P65+ order on Monday...Back, camera, 80, 45 and 120.... Yum.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yum is right. Since your going that far may want to look at the 150mm 2.8 on the Buy and sell. Mean lens

R

RHP

I got a chance to handle Kevin Raber's cube yesterday while I was demo-ing the P65+.

Yup, those are pretty damn nice. The fact that there is no geared rotation may just have saved my wallet... Not that there's much to save given I'm placing my P65+ order on Monday...Back, camera, 80, 45 and 120.... Yum.
Congrats!
Did the same this week, bit the bullet, ouch. back, camera, 150D instead of the 45.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Congrats on the head AND the camera -- and welcome to the forum!

Thanks Guys,
I have been so anxious for this! I've been renting since leaving the studio I worked at 8 months ago. Fortunately I've been busy enough, that the rentals were pretty much a month at a time for most of that period, but then I Was sinking all the income into the rentals and buying lighting. No more. My kit will be complete in about two weeks. Actually if I had bought sooner I would of stuck with a P45+, so maybe the timing has worked out to my advantage.

Don Libby

Talking to Ken earlier today and he confirmed that he indeed did order a Cube. It would be interesting to know how many folks here have made the plunge to the Cube say in the past six months.

How about a GetDpi Cube Fellowship?

Think we qualify?:talk028: