The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ARCA-SWISS C1 Cube - 85th Anniverisay Special

Terry

Guy Mancuso AKA (also known as) PIMP, ENABLER, and a few other choice things.

Folks, I actually got an email in from B&H last night and they also have stock. CI (ummm Doug) has been great at helping me get up to speed on C1 so they got my business.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay just to make you feel better I was forced arm twisting all the way to buy Bob's Elinchrom Ranger( which i desperately need in the worst way possible). So yea i went down in flames this morning too. But I refuse to go alone.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Guy Mancuso AKA (also known as) PIMP, ENABLER, and a few other choice things.

Folks, I actually got an email in from B&H last night and they also have stock. CI (ummm Doug) has been great at helping me get up to speed on C1 so they got my business.
Oh Terry, you too... and I always thought you were the most sensible among us and the least likely to be assimilated.

Truly the power of the Cube is to be feared...

Terry

Oh Terry, you too... and I always thought you were the most sensible among us and the least likely to be assimilated.

Truly the power of the Cube is to be feared...
OK so I figured this was the cheapest I would ever see it and I didn't need the leather bag so...now was the only time to go completely insane....

.....now that I've done it I need to go back and read up if it is working for you. Last installment I read you were waiting for the proper plate.

beamon

I just can't do it and i am the slut of hitting the buy button.
Ya gotta get "too big to fail", Guy. Then, you will be eligible for a "bail out" and we'll be funding your extravagance. You can thank us each day with an appropriate post here. :LOL:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Doug,
maybe you should have posted it this way:

GUVF VF GUR PHOR; LBH JVYY OR NFFVZVYNGRQ Jr unir BAR phor va fgbpx nf bs evtug abj. Svefg pbzr svefg freir. Ol gur jnl, guvf vf pyrneyl n pbzzrepvny cbfgvat. V bayl chg vg urer orpnhfr vg'f fubeg, naq V xabj znal crbcyr ba guvf guernq jrer guvaxvat nobhg chyyvat gur gevttre naq vg'f va irel fubeg fhccyl; V pna nyzbfg thnenagrr vg jvyy or tbar ol gbzbeebj. Vs nalbar srryf vg'f bhg bs beqre cyrnfr fnl fb naq V jvyy chg zl abfr va gur pvepyr naq jrne gur qhapr ung. RAQ GENAFZVFFVBA

ROT-13
-bob

R

RHP

A Cube will also be in my greasy mits tomorrow!
UPS, do not fail me!

tashley

Subscriber Member
OK so I figured this was the cheapest I would ever see it and I didn't need the leather bag so...now was the only time to go completely insane....

.....now that I've done it I need to go back and read up if it is working for you. Last installment I read you were waiting for the proper plate.

I got a larger plate tuesday and gave it an unscientific trial yesterday and it seems now that the Cube and the Manfrotto are now level pegging BUT the cube is lighter, smaller, nicer to use and has the pan on the top (i.e. post-leveling) AND today arrived the 'official' Arca L plate which I have attached but not used and which feels very good indeed and also allows for vertical or horizontal mounting. I will report back with more detail when I have it but I expect great things!

Best

Tim

Don Libby

This all just makes me wonder how many members here took advantage of the sale and now have been assimilated...

Give it up Guy - resistance if futile.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Let's hope everybody that got one also bought good plates for their cameras!

:rolleyes:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
This all just makes me wonder how many members here took advantage of the sale and now have been assimilated...

Give it up Guy - resistance if futile.
I'm waiting for the new style.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Thought that would make you all pause for a second. Just joking