The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ARCA-SWISS C1 Cube - 85th Anniverisay Special

J

JEM_DTG

In celebration of its 85th anniversary ARCA-SWISS offers its prized Cube C1® at an exceptional price!

Only $1,699 without case. A $710 savings! *

ARCA-SWISS is celebrating its 85th anniversary. A pioneer in photography since the 1920s, ARCA-SWISS has established a reputation and worldwide recognition for the precision and quality of its products.

ARCA-SWISS is dedicated to finding ever-more ingenious and innovative solutions to meet the needs and expectations of photographers. We would like to share this special occasion with you by offering the opportunity to buy this highly prized piece of equipment - something every photographer would love to own - at an unbeatable price!

THE CUBE C1®
Thanks to its combination of high precision movements, the Cube C1® offers unbeatable levels of precision with all cameras. The photographic equipment or camera used can be moved mirco-metrically along two axes. An initial panoramic rotational movement at the base of the tripod head serves to align the camera with the subject. A secondary panoramic rotational movement, located above the two tilting axes, offers swivel movements 360 degrees around an axis perpendicular to the camera base. Furthermore, the camera is secured using the ARCA-SWISS flip-lock® quick release system.

The ARCA-SWISS Cube C1® with its unique patented device offers uncompromising stability. AN EXCEPTIONAL PIECE OF EQUIPMENT AT AN EXCEPTIONAL PRICE!

* Leather case not included with this offer. Cube C1® with leather case $1,923.[/B][/I]

Last edited:

Don Libby

Very interesting - just checked B&H and for the first time I can remember they are showing "Out of Stock" at the regular price.

My leather case is just sitting in the office collecting dust so this new offer/deal is a much better deal.

The Cube is great to work with and this appears to be a smoking hot deal!

Thanks for sharing Jordan.

Don

J

JEM_DTG

I would assume there is something similar in Europe. The press release for this 85th anniversary special originated from ARCA-SWISS International (France).

Is there something similar for Europe?
Regards,

Dale Allyn

A leather box bidding war... cool. :D

Glad to see that A-S is stepping up to the competition a bit. Hopefully this will be a "long-term" offering. This seems like the more correct price range to be in IMO.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Kudos to DTG for posting this first. Just as an FYI Capture Integration has purchased three cubes at the to have ready-to-ship-at-the-time-of-order at the Anniversary Special Price. Reservations/Sales/Questions should go to the Atlanta office at 877-217-9870.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Sad news! It appears CI is sold out of the Cubes.

Don
Already?? Geesh. Serves anyone right who wanted one but waited more than a few seconds to call! We'll update as we get more in.

Of course you can always place an order with us with a deposit and be front-in-line at the next delivery; though we do understand that the best situation is to order one that ships to you the day of the order.

Doug

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Don't tell me Jack bought all 3 as backup!!! I wouldn't be surprised. :p

:D

:salute:

jlm

Workshop Member
maybe i will offer a cube upgrade for the bubble levels, which are notoriously not level. certainly my own are whacky.

how about a bubble set that is user adjustable to fine tune it for dead level?

Don Libby

I don't use the bubble levels on my Cube instead I prefer to use the ones on my Cambo RS-1000.

I think that there no such thing as an accurate bubble level at least at one that is cheap enough that someone could afford it. I've resigned myself to the fact that these are all guidelines.

Don Libby

Don't tell me Jack bought all 3 as backup!!! I wouldn't be surprised.
I heard a rumour that he is building a hypercube for work in several dimensions...
Now that you mention it Jack is being rather quite about all this. I envision Jack sitting in his underground bunker tinkering at his workbench now :bugeyes:

Come on Jack tell us what you're up to!:ROTFL::wtf::ROTFL:

Don

Don Libby

Felix

My initial answer is "almost everything" but that would too flippant.

There's a very long (8 page) discussion on the Cube and it's merits that can be found here: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5059

The short answer is I like it for the ease of adjustments in the landscape work. It won't totally replace a ballhead has it isn't fast enough to use with fast action such as wildlife.

It's hard to part with the money however there simply isn't anyone that I know that has had any buyers remorse afterwards.

Hope this helps

Don

Last edited: