The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gull on the Beach

David K

Workshop Member
Was actually shooting an offshore scientific rig when this gull decided to walk in my direction. Shot with the Hassy 180 f/4 CFE on Contax645/Aptus 75S. This is really a wonderful lens. Wide open there's not much DOF to work with as you can see from the sand.

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber
Dear David

You nailed it nicely. I probably use my hassey lenses on the Contax as much as the Contax lenses. However, for two walk around lenses you can't beat the 80MM and the 35mm for wide

regards
Victor

David K

Workshop Member
Thank you all very much for the kind words.
@Victor... I'm with you, I love my Hasselblad lenses, especially the Super Achromats, truly wonderful glass.
@bondo... MF and bird photos are a great combo. Very tough for me to get flying birds without the kind of fast AF you get with Canon or Nikon.