The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar e75LV now €7500

Just noticed that Sinar seems to be offering a special deal until the end of the month - a Sinar e75LV for €7500. Add an adapter of your choice and you're looking at low to mid 8K for a 33MP back with live view, good ISO 800 performance (remember Thierry's thread?) plus 3 year warranty. Sounds like a heck of a deal!
I'm not sure if this is a Sinar thing, I2O in the UK haven't changed their prices.
...and does the German site not say this is including a camera adapter, or are the web translators I'm using up to their normal standard? ;)

A

Alexander Bauer

Just noticed that Sinar seems to be offering a special deal until the end of the month - a Sinar e75LV for €7500. Add an adapter of your choice and you're looking at low to mid 8K for a 33MP back with live view, good ISO 800 performance (remember Thierry's thread?) plus 3 year warranty. Sounds like a heck of a deal!

https://shop.strato.de/epages/15493...493234/Categories/d_sinarbacks/sinarback_em75
very nice with P3 camera also but I would be interested if they would let me choose hy6 with Sinar e75LV instead.

why not?

Graham do you think it's possible?

A

Alexander Bauer

how many guys work here with sinar software?

upgrades?

no upgrades?

Paratom

how many guys work here with sinar software?

upgrades?

no upgrades?
I do,
last upgrade Sinar Exposure was end of April 09, last upgrade Capture Shop End of March 09, last upgrade Sinar backs end of march 09, last Firmware Hy6 Dec 2008. The good think is you dont have to send in the camera -just-just log in at SInar website, download Firmware and install it.

bdp

I use Sinar eXposure daily. It's great, easy to use and intuitive. Doesn't have all of the features of other RAW software but it is steadily improving.

Ben

A

Alexander Bauer

thanks guys

if they let me have hy6 instead of p3 I'll go for it

do I need any custom adapter to use Sinar e75LV on my Ebony 4x5 camera or is there one already on the market?

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Well, great price, although not sure how this company will continue.

But definitely a very interesting option to go MF digital ;)

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Yeah Peter, with the recent develpoments, I'd be suspicious to say the least. Others might see that rather an opportunity though.

Paratom

Peter, have you heard anything negative about Sinar-business besides the fact that F&H, which produce one of the Sinar products (Hy6) have filed insolvency?

Last edited:

PeterA

Peter, have you heard anything negative about Sinar-business besides the fact that F&H, which produce one of the Sinar products (Hy6) have filed insolvency?
yes indeed - I'd like to know too....

Personally I am worried about Phase One..they are showing all the signs of a company about to go into Chapter 11. I asked the tea lady - and she read the tea leaves for me .."Phase One?" I asked..."oh ..dear" she said..

:ROTFL::ROTFL:

Steve Hendrix

Re: Sinar e75LV now €7500

yes indeed - I'd like to know too....

Personally I am worried about Phase One..they are showing all the signs of a company about to go into Chapter 11. I asked the tea lady - and she read the tea leaves for me .."Phase One?" I asked..."oh ..dear" she said..

:ROTFL::ROTFL:

Well, maybe you should check your "signs" a little more thoroughly, Peter.

Phase One has been a profitable company for many years back, including 2008, and including 2009.

We have brand new, industry leading products that we can't ship enough of to satisfy demand, that offer technology our competitors don't, we occupy the leading market share position - as we have for years - and recently committed a major financial investment into another company (Mamiya) giving us control over much of that company.

I don't know about you, but the signs I see paint a very different picture.

Maybe try a new tea lady...

Steve Hendrix
Phase One

PeterA

Thanks for sharing all that Steve - but you are kind of off topic don't you think?

the topic is:

hey Peter - what bad things have you heard about Sinar to make you 'concerned'..

so look if you have a view about Sinar apparent imminent demise - please share.

PeterA

Steve - here in case you havent bothered to follow the thread..Peter isnt sure hwo this company is going to continue..

some of us just want to knwo what he knows that we dont ..

maybe you can help hmm?

Steve Hendrix

Re: Sinar e75LV now €7500

Thanks for sharing all that Steve - but you are kind of off topic don't you think?

the topic is:

hey Peter - what bad things have you heard about Sinar to make you 'concerned'..

so look if you have a view about Sinar apparent imminent demise - please share.

Ummmm....well you brought it up Peter.

As far as Sinar goes, I haven't heard anything, and I really try to not involve myself with news of our competitors. I don't think it's appropriate.

News about Phase One - that's another matter.

Steve Hendrix
Phase One