The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase to buy Leaf from Kodak.....

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Peter, I looked it up again, as I am not really interested in buying a Hassy I messed it up a bit, it was 31 MP not 39. Sorry about that!
Same for me, after trying all these wonderful Phase backs recently and being able to use them on tech cams and also feeling the smooth and nice workflow with C1 Pro I am not much motivated to really look into Hasselblad. The price would need to be VERY much better, but this of course will not happen :)

carstenw

I think that in the climate of the current market they simply refused to offer one. An adapter is not a big deal...
Do you think they would make one for Mamiya as well, as they formerly did for the eMotion?
I would think that they go where the market is. Designing a new adapter for a camera for which you already have an old adapter is certainly possible, without breaking a sweat, but the demand for the adapters is not necessarily there. I would guess that Mamiya owners mostly buy Phase backs.

Congratulations! I wish you a lot of fun and great captures with your new system. And I'm sure you will get both.
Yes, thanks! It is quite the steep learning curve. I had to re-learn how to meter, of all things. Everything seems completely different somehow, even though I have been using the same camera and lenses with high-resolution B&W film. Weird.

thomas

...but the demand for the adapters is not necessarily there.
So let's sum it up as another mistke in marketing. If I (as Contax user) would be interessted in the eSprit and can't find a note about compatibility (but can find e.g. V mount) on their web page I simply think it's not there...
They could have announced all mounts without producing them... and if somene orders one they would simply say with adapter it takes 10 days delivery.
But also I remember discussions on LuLa were TH had to defend the missing Contax mount ... and he didn't mention the possibility that there will be one if there is demand.
Anway...

maybe weird. But you get used to it quite quickly and will be very pleased with the results - I am dead sure. The 3.5/35 and especially the 4/120 macro you use will be extremly good with the DB.
Have fun!

carstenw

Yes, these two lenses are awesome. I took my entire cemetary B&W film series with just those two lenses, and this trend looks to be continuing with my Sinar back. I also use the Hasselblad 110/2, but the adapter is off, and can't reach infinity. I will have to look for a better one. I have posted my first result in the photo thread.

thomas

I have posted my first result in the photo thread.
please don't take it personally - I stopped posting and commenting images in public photo forums some time ago (though made some few exceptions I actually regret). But let me say it looks promising, okay?! :)