The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New 39mp CFV back

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Eduardo

Thanks for your reply.

As I alreday said , most of my work is not vertical images .
But most of my work is also from the tripod . I have a ROTASLIDE adapter for my ARCASWISS . A genious design and piece of art .

BTW , tomorrow starts your month , with the "stairway to heaven" image .

Best regards Jürgen

To redesign the CFV casing to then be able to work horizontal or vertical would require a complete electronics design, thus increasing the price which is part of the CFV's appeal... being sub 10,000 Euros.

I attach the spec sheet for those interested...

Paratom

Well, Jurgen, what can I say? If it fits you, buy it. Congratulations. Wouldn't you be better set with a P45 that rotates any way you want and gives 39mp with a 1:1 crop ALWAYS?
A used mint P45 now goes for 12K usd, probably less. Wish I had that money saved.
Truly yours
Eduardo
but a P45 wouldnt rotate? as far as I know only Sinar ad Leaf backs offer rotating back/ rotating sensor?

Paratom

Even though I am really fine with my Sinar back and Hy I still find the Hasselblad V and the CFV backs the seciest system available.
Also I learned that I use manual focus much ore often anyways (with a nice big viewfinder manual focus works pretty fine)
The new CFV makes sens IMO, you can use the square and then switch to the landscape/wider angle if needed.
Now you can use a 40mm as a real wide angle if needed.
Enjoy your new back!
Cheers, Tom

Eduardo

I can understand , that for your type of work , a vertical format is important , and that you are therefore disappointed .

For my work , which is mostly square and some landscape type images , but only very very few vertical , the CFV-39 is what i am looking for , as I do believe , that there will be no bigger square sensor in the near future .
I have given up hope for a bigger square sensor .
So the CFV-39 came just in time . (for me)
I ordered one today . Delivery will be in August (hopefully)

The price here in Germany will be 10.000 € + VAT.

So this is true again : Horses of courses .

Regards Jürgen

Uaiomex

Thanks for reminding me. I will proudly display it the whole month. Best calendar ever!
Thank you Jurgen for such wonderful present. As I said it before, I remind you that you have a best friend here in Yucatan.
Take care
Eduardo

Eduardo

Thanks for your reply.

As I alreday said , most of my work is not vertical images .
But most of my work is also from the tripod . I have a ROTASLIDE adapter for my ARCASWISS . A genious design and piece of art .

BTW , tomorrow starts your month , with the "stairway to heaven" image .

Best regards Jürgen

This is a bit off topic yet applicable.

Hasselblad does offer the CFII39 and when used with a V system i-adapter the digital magazine can be rotated from landscape to portrait.
To clarify, the digital magazine has to be removed to change the orientation and reattached to the camera body.

The P45 would behave in the same manor, the back would have to be removed to change orientation.

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Hasselblad does offer the CFII39 and when used with a V system i-adapter the digital magazine can be rotated from landscape to portrait.
To clarify, the digital magazine has to be removed to change the orientation and reattached to the camera body
Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA
Paul

I have never seen this adapter , but it is nice to know .
I do not find the way of changing the backs orientation very handy .

The price for the CFV-39 in the U.S. is about the same than here in Germany .

A very good friend of mine asked me , if the CFV-39 would also be available for this camera . ? ? ?

View attachment 18896

Not in black but in yellow .
Have fun .
I am impatiently waiting for my CFV-39 to arrive .

Jürgen

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Well, Jurgen, what can I say? If it fits you, buy it. Congratulations. Wouldn't you be better set with a P45 that rotates any way you want and gives 39mp with a 1:1 crop ALWAYS?
A used mint P45 now goes for 12K usd, probably less. Wish I had that money saved.
Truly yours
Eduardo
And a Refurbished P45+ with warranty and dealer support for not much more than that.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

Uaiomex

Jurgen, that is the sexiest babe ever!
If the CFV39 can be rotated to vertical, that would change all my perceptions about this new back. An i-adapter? I'd love to see a picture of it. I wonder if the back remains operational without a cable.
Eduardo

Paul

I have never seen this adapter , but it is nice to know .
I do not find the way of changing the backs orientation very handy .

The price for the CFV-39 in the U.S. is about the same than here in Germany .

A very good friend of mine asked me , if the CFV-39 would also be available for this camera . ? ? ?

View attachment 18896

Not in black but in yellow .
Have fun .
I am impatiently waiting for my CFV-39 to arrive .

Jürgen

Arjuna

Eduardo

Paul said that the CFII39 could be rotated, not the CFV-39. As far as I know, the CFII39 would be a Hasselblad digital back that needs an appropriate i-adapter to attach to any camera, SLR or technical, probably needs an image-bank or something similar for power, if not shooting tethered, and probably needs a flash sync cord to fire. This is why the CFV backs are so much more convenient to use on a V-series camera.

Uaiomex

Thank you . My mistake. I should read slower.
Eduardo
Eduardo

Paul said that the CFII39 could be rotated, not the CFV-39. As far as I know, the CFII39 would be a Hasselblad digital back that needs an appropriate i-adapter to attach to any camera, SLR or technical, probably needs an image-bank or something similar for power, if not shooting tethered, and probably needs a flash sync cord to fire. This is why the CFV backs are so much more convenient to use on a V-series camera.

Eduardo

The CF back has its own battery source.

Correct though, a flash sync cord would be needed.

cjl

Thanks. Sorry for the elementary question, but does this mean the widest one can go with this system in square format with V lenses is effectively 45mm = roughly 30mm in 35mm format terms?

carstenw

The crop factor if you use the full sensor is 1.16, i.e. a 40mm lens would be equivalent to 47mm on MF, or about a 28mm on 35mm-FF.

T

tetsrfun

Thanks. Sorry for the elementary question, but does this mean the widest one can go with this system in square format with V lenses is effectively 45mm = roughly 30mm in 35mm format terms?
By my rough calc., with square the "equivalent" FF 35mm wide is 38mm with the 40mm f4 Distagon and 28 with the 30mm f3.5 Distagon.

Steve

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Does anyone know what the crop factor for lenses will be with the new back?
According to the data sheets, which can also be found as pdf on the HASSELBLAD homepage , the lens factor for the full size frame 36,7 x 49,0 mm is 1.1
For the square size , which is 36,7 x 36,7 mm it is the same as for the CFV/CFVII , 1.5

The 202FA , 203FE , 205TCC/FCC need a minor modification , if you want to use F/FE lenses .
Without that modification all 2000/200 series cameras can only be used with C/CF/CFE/CFi lenses in C-mode and require the use of the flash sync input cable .

Jürgen