The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One Agrees to Guy's Demands

stephengilbert

He wanted a new camera sooner rather than later, so Phase agreed (that's my interpretation anyway):

Phase One has also confirmed that its acquisition of a majority stake in the Japanese camera maker Mamiya will lead to shorter development times. 'Japanese companies are hugely quality focussed, taking their time,' says Hakonsson. 'However, Mamiya is already working a new system of camera and lenses for later this year and you will see an increase in the speed of development.'

http://www.bjp-online.com/public/showPage.html?page=864286

P.S. There's some other stuff there too, like a rescinding or at least rethinking of the Leica/Phase partnership.

Forrest Black

What everybody (I am on a stretch here) hopes to see from PhaseOne/Mamiya is an updated Contax 645 Mark 2, call it what you want.

Stuart Richardson

phamiya 7II. wouldn't that be nice? I hope this does not mean that they "phase" out all the film cameras though....kind of like Imacon's acquisition of Hasselblad meant a slow (and not so slow) death of most of the V system and its components.