The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

503CW, CFV Backs, and PME 45 or PME 90

RayM

Hi, I've been following the CFV 39 thread and I'm confused about whether or not the PME 45 or PME 90 fits with a 503CW and CFV back. I want to be able to shoot film and digital and I want the metering function of the PME 45 or 90 for both. Can someone please clarify this for me? Thanks in advance. Ray

carstenw

I think the PME90 might interfere with the CFV backs. There was some information about this in the CFV-39 thread.

RayM

Hi Carsten, Yes, I've been following that thread, and there's a ton of information there, but unless I missed it, I can't tell definitively about the answer to the question. A lot of the conversation on that thread is about the 203, and I couldn't tell for sure about the 503CW. Thanks Carsten, Ray

woodyspedden

I had no problem using the CFV 16 on the 503 and the PME90 finder! I believe the problem is with the 203FE with the winder.

Woody

bensonga

Hi Carsten, Yes, I've been following that thread, and there's a ton of information there, but unless I missed it, I can't tell definitively about the answer to the question. A lot of the conversation on that thread is about the 203, and I couldn't tell for sure about the 503CW. Thanks Carsten, Ray
I can say for sure that the PME45 works on the 503CW with the CFV back attached.....that's my setup and it works beautifully!

Gary
Alaska