The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where's my Arca?

Just in case any of the guys from A/S are on the board...

I ordered my M Line 2 at the end of June... any idea on delivery dates?

Thanks! and apologies to the forum for hogging the bandwidth.

-C

JimCollum

Just in case any of the guys from A/S are on the board...

I ordered my M Line 2 at the end of June... any idea on delivery dates?

Thanks! and apologies to the forum for hogging the bandwidth.

-C
i'm not sure if things have changed, but when i was looking at getting Arca Accessories a couple years ago, the only way anyone could communicate with them (including dealers) was thru mail (not email). No web site, no one to answer email, no phone number to call. The store placed an order.. no confirmation or anything from Arca.. the order arrived after 3 or 4 months.

Great products... but the company seems invisible

jim

Dale Allyn

This is such a weird concept to me. It certainly suggests that their products have merit (as they obviously do) that they can do business in this way. But I will say that I have declined purchasing their products because of this style of doing business. I know many others who have done the same. I like A-S ballheads, but won't bother with them now (too many other choices with far superior customer service); the Cube is special, but the A-S temperament gives me pause. I may breakdown and buy one, but not with much enthusiasm for buying from such a business.

Customer service is an essential part of doing business. A website need not be a $40,000 masterpiece. A simple site with a few static pages and an e-mail form is all that would be needed for a company with the brand recognition held by A-S.

It must be very nice to be in a manufacturing business where one can afford to watch one's market-share migrate to competitors or copiers who offer superior communication and customer service. Amazing really...

asf

call diane or your dealer?

i ordered a lot of a/s accessories 2 years ago (rotaslide, bunch of adapters etc), after a while they just stopped responding to emails and i gave up/forgot/switched systems. don't think i ever cancelled the order now that i think about it ... if a dealer doesn't have an arca item in stock, unless it's a standard thing like an f-line camera i wouldn't recommend ordering it if time is anything more than an abstract concept to you.

arca service people in the us are fantastic, but the arca swiss company itself is a mysterious thing.