The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax 645 and Nikon DK-17M Magnifying Eyepiece

engel001

Thought I'd share this tip with the forum:
I have found that the Nikon DK-17M Magnifying Eyepiece (less than $40) fits on the viewfinder of the Contax 645. I have used this screw-on accessory on my D3 where there is a bit of viewfinder vignetting but it is an immmense help for manual focussing ZF lenses, for example. On the Contax 645, there is no appreciable vignetting. The image is magnified 1.2x. Even with autofocus lenses, I often leave the camera set to MF and use the well-placed focus button on the camera body (right thumb), fine-tuning focus on the split screen. - Christopher

carstenw

As far as I understand, the DK-17M is just a loupe, but the DK-19 eyecup should work with it. Has anyone tried this?

D

ddk

As far as I understand, the DK-17M is just a loupe, but the DK-19 eyecup should work with it. Has anyone tried this?
Yes, I use DK-17M and DK-19 combo on several of my dslrs and I love it, one caveat you must superglue the DK-19 to the DK-17m otherwise you'll lose it very quickly!