The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Jenoptik leaves MF market, Sinar continues alone.

Stuart Richardson

Yes, that's what I would have thought too! I contacted them when the news first broke, and they told me that, yes, the 6x6 back was available and in production, and that I should contact my dealer. So I contacted Greg King at Sinar USA, and he said that they were not available, and there would be no news for the moment because of the F&H production stoppage. He contacted Sinar Switzerland and told me that they were not currently available, but had no further information. Sinar Switzerland did not respond to my second message about finding a dealer in Europe when I wrote to them immediately after they told me it was in production.
So frankly, I don't know what is going on, and it sounds like no one else does either. Or most likely, the person who told me they were available was mistaken. I was just hoping that Edwin might have some more up to date information.

E

edwinb

Edwin -- is there any news of the 6x6 back for the Hy6? ....... Do you think the back will ever be available, or if not, who would I talk to about trying to buy one of the prototypes (if they work)?
As far as I can ascertain there are no working prototypes and I do not expect to hear any conclusive answers on products that are not currently available until the end of August. :( This also includes the 90 degree viewer which was asked by others.:thumbdown: I do recommend the 45 degree prism finder from feedback I have received.:thumbup:
Edwin

Paratom

As far as I can ascertain there are no working prototypes and I do not expect to hear any conclusive answers on products that are not currently available until the end of August. :( This also includes the 90 degree viewer which was asked by others.:thumbdown: I do recommend the 45 degree prism finder from feedback I have received.:thumbup:
Edwin
I purchase the 45 degree finder for Sinar from F&H few month ago. I really like it. The Sinar version allows to rotate the back what I believe is not possible with other versions.
I also have no info regarding the 6x6 back, only that the planned price was in the range around 1000€ what I thought was too expensive anyways.