The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Did you just sell your DSLR

Geoff

Kept the DSLR after the M8. Don't use it, really. Let my son have it with a long good Canon lens for shooting birds (the flying type). Have a modest MF digital rig (somewhat behind the curve) and use it for the studio type stuff. Doesn't do walkaround very well - too heavy, needs lots of light, etc.

The real question is .... what did you do with your 4x5 after you got MF digital? That's the tough one. Haven't used it in some time, but loath to sell it. Can you really be a photographer without a view camera somewhere in the holdings? I didn't think so before.

Geoff

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The real question is .... what did you do with your 4x5 after you got MF digital?
Sold it too. And the 8x10. And FWIW, the view cam is what I miss shooting with the most. Not for the quality -- MF digital is probably on par better there -- but the view camera process is rewarding in a way nothing else is.