The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Steve Hendrix joins Capture Integration

Steve Hendrix

I don't want to make a big deal out of this (although this is after all the medium format section of the forum), but I thought it would probably be a good idea just for the sake of clarity -

I have left my position at Phase One and accepted a position at Capture Integration. This essentially means I have left employment working directly for a manufacturer and moved to being employed and operating again at the dealer level.

Most simply my reason for this is because working with end users is what I enjoy most and am most comfortable doing. And Capture Integration is a natural fit given their commitment to offering best quality products and extremely high levels of advanced service and support. Right up my alley.

So, similar to my role while at PPR, I now perform in the same capacity with Capture Integration selling and supporting many of the same products - minus Hasselblad digital products - including Phase One, Leaf, Cambo, Schneider, etc, etc.

I'm very happy to be back on this side of the aisle.

Steve Hendrix
Sales Manager
Capture Integration

mark1958

I guess i am curious why CI does not sell Hasselblad?
I was in Iceland and my wife's video charger did not work with 220V, so we went to an electronics store. They did not have what we needed. The salesman sent us to another store, which when we arrived I discovered turned out to be the major professional photography store in the country. They were able to sell me a replacement rubber foot for my travel tripod, which managed to become dislodged somewhere in Iceland. Nonetheless, they sell both Phase and Hasselblad. They told me the economy is so bad in Iceland they are having trouble selling any of the high end medium format cameras. I believe they said they had sold 15 Phase and 4 or 5 Hasselblad back/cameras but that lately the banks would not finance purchases for professional photographers in Iceland.

etrump

I think this is a win-win-win for CI, Steve as well as the MF digital user community.

I had the opportunity to talk with Steve early on in my MF adventure, he was extremely knowledgeable but very patient with my total ignorance of the subject.

Congrats to both Steve and CI.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Good on you Steve - I have to say that Capture Integration strike me as the Dream Dealership - I wish there was a branch near me! Maybe you could open one in London?!

;-)

Tim

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Good on you Steve - I have to say that Capture Integration strike me as the Dream Dealership - I wish there was a branch near me! Maybe you could open one in London?!
Aww shucks. Thanks.

We do have many international clients.

I guess i am curious why CI does not sell Hasselblad?
Hassy makes some great gear. That said we prefer Phase's open philosophy and believe more strongly in that product line.

We're also very excited to now be Leaf dealers since that product line which sit in between Phase options and have some unique strengths.

We've found we can better serve customers and hold to our commitment to the best possible support by focusing on a smaller number of product lines and only carry lines we really strongly believe in. Consequently we carry Phase/Leaf but not Hassy/Sinar backs and we carry Canon not Nikon, Eizo not Quatro, etc.

Let me just say on this forum that I am very excited to have Steve on our team. When he worked for the other guys he was one of our greatest competitors because he did such a great job with sales and support; now those skills are working for us!

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

BradleyGibson

Congratulations, Steve!

It was co-incidence that we spoke this morning, but I'm happy to hear you're back working with end-users once again--the service you have provided to me and everyone I know has been just wonderful.

Congratulations to CI--Steve is a teriffic asset!

All the best,
-Brad

Clawery

Thanks everyone.

Don - we have to sit facing each other and look at each other's ugly mugs.

Steve Hendrix
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
There's just so much more that could be said to this

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
You have no idea.. and Dave sits behind Steve!!! I have to look at both of their mugs! It's a double whammy!

Chris Lawery(e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up