The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best studio portrait lens for Phamiya?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ed:

And more unfortunately, even using C1 on those first takes with all sharpening off and downsizing the image straight to a 1200 pix jpeg, I still look ugly-wrinkled! :ROTFL:

Need to reshoot it with the 145 Soft Focus on the Mamiya or maybe use the 80/1.9 on the Canon...
For me I am looking for a lens with extreme pincushion distortion.
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I would really like to have the 70-150 when doing the workshops. Seems that range is my most popular shooting range and having something in the middle of the 80 and 150 would be really handy. I would actually leave my 80 and 150 at home when doing landscape work. Be pretty handy doing portraits as well

Frank Doorhof

@Ed,
It greatly depends on the light used if you see problems in the skin.
But retouching is a normal part of our workflow and I would rather start with as much detail as possible and smooth that as to start with a less sharp image :D

ZoranC

If you like the 150/3.5, the MF 150/2.8 A (ULD glass) is very sharp with better CA control (used on FF DSLR in my case). Mint or NIB out of HK/PRC ebay dealer - $250 ish
Rob, as you know I have 200/2.8 A. I also have 120/4 A (I believe N) on it's way.

Would I be interested in 150/2.8?

robmac

Hey Zoran,

I like it a lot. Very sharp, nice CA control with the ULD glass, good color. I'd recommend it. I use it with and w/o a 12mm tube to cut the 5' MFD down a bit for closer-in work.

ZoranC

Hey Zoran,

I like it a lot. Very sharp, nice CA control with the ULD glass, good color. I'd recommend it. I use it with and w/o a 12mm tube to cut the 5' MFD down a bit for closer-in work.
Thank you! :) I then have to give it a try.

robmac

No worries. While the new D AF version is an apparent barn-burner, the M645 version is very, very good in it's own right.