The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H3DII-60 coming in September

ddanois

I don't consider "live video" a small "hard to implement" issue. How does a company, with the global reputation of Hasselblad, allow product sheets to be distributed that discuss the live video feature if it has proven so difficult to implement? Like me, many Hasselblad H3D owners need to use the live video function to manage critical focusing us close. While I appreciate the overall quality of what the H3DII-50 delivers to me, I'm frustrated that Hasselblad has not acknowledged formally, that this valuable feature has not be delivered.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the quality of what the H3DII-50 provides but don't appreciate the attitude from Hasselblad that I should not mind that a listed feature was not delivered. To be honest, I was considering the H3DII-39 but choose the 50mp version because it appeared to offer the same features but with the opportunity to print larger without "uprezing".

This leads to my question regarding the new 60mp version. What are we going to miss? More importantly, what will we gain for an additional $8-10k?

Is this to bold a question?

Nick-T

Certainly your dealer was remiss if he didn't tell you that the Live video was not yet implemented... And it is proving hard to implement from a technical perspective.
Nick-T

Christopher

If it is so hard don't talk about it and write in the specs. The same goes for Phase or every other company. If the specs say live video I can expect that from a product unless it is clearly marked that the specific feature is not yet implemented and none existing.

ddanois

Agreed Christopher! This is a "fairness in advertising" issue. If you promote a feature to gain sales but don't deliver, what's the remedy?

This may seem silly but every manufacturer uses these tactics to gain sales and I'm tired of it for these prices. Just to be clear, I was told that each of these features exited until I opened the box and read the enclosed "release notes". Hasselblad responded that the feature was "imminent" and that was several months ago. A new sensor just opens up more questions.

Once again, does anyone think there is an advantage to the H3DII-60 over the 50mp version?

fotografz

Agreed Christopher! This is a "fairness in advertising" issue. If you promote a feature to gain sales but don't deliver, what's the remedy?

This may seem silly but every manufacturer uses these tactics to gain sales and I'm tired of it for these prices. Just to be clear, I was told that each of these features exited until I opened the box and read the enclosed "release notes". Hasselblad responded that the feature was "imminent" and that was several months ago. A new sensor just opens up more questions.

Once again, does anyone think there is an advantage to the H3DII-60 over the 50mp version?
Bigger sensor on the 60 meg?

I agree that no one should sell with certain specs and not deliver those specs. In my experience, Hasselblad has always delivered ... eventually. But if you rely on a certain spec being there for your work, and it isn't delivered after you pay your money and take delivery, then that's bull. It would be better to tell the prospect that its a feature planned for, but not yet ready, and let the prospect decide.