The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Planar T* 2.0/110 FE + Modified 5D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful shots!

So, it sounds like if you're going to shoot product photography, and this is the setup to use ;)
I assume you mean MF digital in general, and not specifically the Mamiya system? If so, I'd say an emphatic "Yes!" and add the adjective that MF capture is basically a *must* for competitive product photography...

Cheers,

LJL

Great examples of beautiful isolation, Stuart. There is a lot of similarity to the look these deliver.

LJ

LJL

I assume you mean MF digital in general, and not specifically the Mamiya system? If so, I'd say an emphatic "Yes!" and add the adjective that MF capture is basically a *must* for competitive product photography...

Cheers,
Jack,
This was kind of what I was getting at in that other thread. The MF just blows away everything else for product and commercial use. The details and colors are outstanding.

So how big do you plan to print some of these files? :D

LJ

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack - Your posts are getting me amped. Son's second 110/2 is enroute to me as we speak.
Tell me about it --- lens is so freaking good I never want to be without one and just bought another as spare... Is that sick or what???

:wtf:.

Terry

Yikes,
With all this spring buying fever, I think we are all going to be eating at McDonalds in Carmel.

robmac

Son's second 110 arrived today. The packing defeated my pocket knife, so a single sided razor blade had to be called in.

Still waiting for the adapter, but this lens just oozes well-made. There is something about the West German made Zeiss lenses that just isn't there in the Cosina-built units, as good as there construction.

BTW: Son's quality ratings on his gear would put KEH to shame. Immaculate and smooth.

gogopix

Subscriber
Son sent back a cfamera he tested last year and I STILL haven't been able to open the pack!:ROTFL:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
In fairness to Son, he's getting better. I was able to get to my last lens from him in under 10 minutes --- a new record!

:ROTFL:

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Jim: truly excellent image.

A tech. q., if I may: were you focussed on the skin of her cheek deliberately? That plane of focus renders her R. eye slightly soft, to me. I know it's behind a lens of its own, so I am guessing that if that were razor sharp, the skin would not, but curious just the same.

Overall, tremendous impact. cheers, kl

PSon

Son,
modified how, if I may ask? cheers, kl
Kit,
the 5D was modified by cutting the mirror off to allow the use of Leica R wide angle lens. The mirror box was also shaved off to free the aperture rear hinge of the Contax lens from catching onto the mirror box and preventing the aperture from stopping down when a thin adapter is usde to allow infinity focus. I will post an image for you to see later.

Son

JimCollum

Jim: truly excellent image.

A tech. q., if I may: were you focussed on the skin of her cheek deliberately? That plane of focus renders her R. eye slightly soft, to me. I know it's behind a lens of its own, so I am guessing that if that were razor sharp, the skin would not, but curious just the same.

Overall, tremendous impact. cheers, kl
thanks for the words!

I would like to say it was intentional.. the actual point of focus i was trying for was the top/middle of the right frame of the glasses. Depth of field with this lens wide open at this distance is just fractions of an inch.. and judging on the fly is best guess. i got lucky. :)