The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New here: a few low-tech pics while waiting for my CFV-39...

vieri

I just ordered one of these, which will be delivered to me in about a week or two... in the meantime, as a small and as low-tech as possible introduction to the MF forum, I thought I'd post a few MF BW landscapes; these have been shot with a Holga regular and a Holga pinhole panoramic camera during my recent trip to Scotland.

Here they come, first the Holga, all on Tri-X 400:

Neist Point, Tri-X 400

Relic

Relic, Nr. 2

Eileen Donean Castle, a classic

Connectivity, in the middle of nowhere

Close to Loch Coruisk

Urquarth Castle, another classic

And now, some pinhole stuff, Ilford Pan-F 50:

The Hermitage Castle

I actually think that there is a place for these cameras in one's bag - they weight just about nothing, and they offer some nice creative opportunities...

As always, C&C are very welcome!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Very nice series from your Holga and pinhole, my favorite is the phone booth followed by the larger boat shot -- :thumbs:

vieri

Thank you guys, I am glad you enjoyed this low-tech incursion in the realm of Mighty Digital MF :D

More images here: Scotland

D

ddk

Thank you guys, I am glad you enjoyed this low-tech incursion in the realm of Mighty Digital MF :D

More images here: Scotland
Ahhh, but your so called low tech has many subtle and lovely qualities that no DB can compete with! Nice series Vieri.

tashley

Subscriber Member
V. cool Vieri. Makes me want to punch a hole in the body cap on my Phamiya and makes some really high definition pinhole shots !

;-)

Hope you enjoy the CVF39

Tim

vieri

Holga photos are very nice. You won't be able to blur the edges as effectively with your new CFV-39..
Indeed - nothing works like a plastic piece of glass, so to speak :D

Ahhh, but your so called low tech has many subtle and lovely qualities that no DB can compete with! Nice series Vieri.
Thank you! Each tool has a different place & a different job...

content beats gear, hands down.
Thanks Geoff!

Very nice work, Vieri! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Bradley!

V. cool Vieri. Makes me want to punch a hole in the body cap on my Phamiya and makes some really high definition pinhole shots !

;-)

Hope you enjoy the CVF39

Tim
Hello Tim, long time no hear - how are you doing? Thank you for your message, I actually thought of getting some of these pinhole-camera-body-caps for my Nikons etc, but at the end the siren call of the plasticy-crappy Holgas was difficult to resist :ROTFL:

By the way, circumstances out of my control seem to be preventing me to get the CVF39 after all - I will have to make do with a Phamiya instead... I guess the P45+ will do just fine :D

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

;-)

Hope you enjoy the CVF39

Tim
Don't laugh Doug at Capture Integration does it all the time

Don Libby

Sitting here making a futile attempt to see which image I like the most ... the cliff shot no the phone booth - no the castle, no the...what the heck guess I like the entire series!

Good work

Don

There's a lot to be said about low tech

tashley

Subscriber Member
Hello Tim, long time no hear - how are you doing? Thank you for your message, I actually thought of getting some of these pinhole-camera-body-caps for my Nikons etc, but at the end the siren call of the plasticy-crappy Holgas was difficult to resist :ROTFL:

By the way, circumstances out of my control seem to be preventing me to get the CVF39 after all - I will have to make do with a Phamiya instead... I guess the P45+ will do just fine :D
Well, guess who is selling a Phamiya III with P45+, 80D lens, 150 3.5 MF lens, 28D lens, Hartblei Super Rotator, Cambo WRS1000 with Schneider 35XL and associated kit?

But I'm keeping the cube. For sure.
:thumbs:

tashley

Subscriber Member
You are also selling the Cambo and back?
Sort of Carsten... to clarify I am 80% decided to flog the lot, but at the moment I'm in Cornwall and most of the gear (Cambo and back are with me) are in Sussex so I can't get to them to get an advert together or ship them to a purchaser for a week or two. Which seems like good final deciding time! But I am initially hoping to sell the whole lot together...

tashley

Subscriber Member
Hmm, I thought you liked that back and tech camera. So, are you back to the Leica fold? M or S?
That's why I'm humming and haa-ing: can't quite decide whether to go with my gut or my brain. Gut says, 'this gear has given you so much irritation and failed shots over the last year that it's time to call it quits and look at a combined M/S solution, trading in everything else you own' and brain says 'are you kidding!? You'll lose a fortune and you just about have all this stuff figured out now!'

Grrr. I am weak, foolish and lazy!
:grin:

Paratom

That's why I'm humming and haa-ing: can't quite decide whether to go with my gut or my brain. Gut says, 'this gear has given you so much irritation and failed shots over the last year that it's time to call it quits and look at a combined M/S solution, trading in everything else you own' and brain says 'are you kidding!? You'll lose a fortune and you just about have all this stuff figured out now!'

Tashley,
I jump from gear to gear as well but I think with such an investment one should really to be totally sure to master the equipment and to be sure that it does not work before selling.
The inter forums make as lust for gear - I think we really have to ask ourselves what we want to use it for and what the other gear would give us.
In case of the S2 vs your back you get a smaller sensor, less lens options, probably not as good wide options as your tech camera.
You might gain a more robust camera with slightly better handling, and maybe some few (expensive) lenses which might be of excellent optical quality.
I would definatly wait until we see what the S2 really delievers and how it works.
Cheers, Tom

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

And NUTS. I would not do anything until it is out and proven. I like the S2 but it is not a buy right now until it is out for a month or two and see where it stands. For me it is next year to even consider it, too much risk when you have something that already is getting it done.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Tim,

You should go with your gut, jump to a full Leica kit and like right now without hesitation... You have only expressed disappointment, hatred and disdain for your Phase/Mamiya system and IMO life is too short to drink bad wine. Or in this case, put up with equipment that does not generate results that satisfy you.