The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf Capture software?

A

Alexander Bauer

What happens with Leaf Capture software?

is there any hope for future upgrades or is C1 going to take over?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Great question I would imagine and that is imagine Leaf shooters will eventually move over to C1. But certainly not sure on any of it, things are quiet which normally means something is going on. LOL

D

ddk

Depends on wether Phase has any interest to keep Leaf alive, but I think that we might get bug fixes and minor upgrades if needed, but I wont hold my breath for anything major yet.

D

ddk

So Frank, do you recommend that I go ahead with the purchase of an AptusII-10 that I was hoping to get or wait for now?

Frank Doorhof

The Aptus 10 is a great unit so if it fits your need don't be stopped.
I love the Aptus 10 myself but I don't really need that much MPs.

As far as I know Leaf will continue, but as you know everything can change over time, but with the info I have now I would not let me stop to invest in products from them.
And the Aptus 10 is one of the best backs arround.

yaya

Depends on wether Phase has any interest to keep Leaf alive, but I think that we might get bug fixes and minor upgrades if needed, but I wont hold my breath for anything major yet.
My guess is that LC will be kept up and updated for a while (support for Snow Leopard, new back models etc.) and over time you will see C1 getting some of LC's better features implemented so that you will have options...

D

ddk

Hello Yair, good to hear from you. It makes sense for them to continue bug fixes, this way they keep Leaf on life support until they decide how to proceed in the future.

yaya

Hello Yair, good to hear from you. It makes sense for them to continue bug fixes, this way they keep Leaf on life support until they decide how to proceed in the future.
I think there's more than life support there since LC has a few unique features that are not currently offered by any other software. If these features can be migrated over to C1 then both Phase and Leaf users will enjoy them.

O

Optechs Digital

This is from a letter from the newly formed company- Leaf Imaging ltd.

"All the Leaf Aptus II product line will continue to be supported by Leaf Capture 11 software versions as well as Capture One."

Also, we now have confirmation and a dealer price list for the continuation of the following products:

Aptus II6, II7 and II10 backs in Afd , Hasselblad V and H as well as Contax mounts.

Hopefully all existing and future Leaf users can breathe a sigh a relief with this newly formed partnership.

JimCollum

.. and to those of us with models other than the Aptus II line? (75s and others) ?

This is from a letter from the newly formed company- Leaf Imaging ltd.

"All the Leaf Aptus II product line will continue to be supported by Leaf Capture 11 software versions as well as Capture One."

Also, we now have confirmation and a dealer price list for the continuation of the following products:

Aptus II6, II7 and II10 backs in Afd , Hasselblad V and H as well as Contax mounts.

Hopefully all existing and future Leaf users can breathe a sigh a relief with this newly formed partnership.