The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone ever hear of "green star" Hassy lenses?

Double Negative

Not Available
I just picked up a 4/50 Distagon FLE CF via Japan. It's one of the "green star" lenses made custom for a Japanese dealer. Supposedly it's better than the normal version.

Anyone ever heard of this?

Stuart Richardson

I have a star on my 110/2 planar that I bought when I was living in Japan. When I asked about it, the dealer said that the star indicated that it was a official Hasselblad Japan lens. He did not say that it had any other significance.

Double Negative

Not Available
I have a star on my 110/2 planar that I bought when I was living in Japan. When I asked about it, the dealer said that the star indicated that it was a official Hasselblad Japan lens. He did not say that it had any other significance.
Aha! Okay, so at least it makes a little sense, then.

I've seen backs with a star on the release, also for the Japanese market.

Weird.