The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV-39

jlm

Workshop Member
thanks guys.

I am trying to work more abstractly, but the cruise ship was too much...that thing is huge. that zeiss lens is beyond belief.

more like this (blush...a CFVI image)

Last edited:

bensonga

some amazing results; Zeiss 40mm at about f11
peep away
Wow! Now THIS is why I would like to upgrade from the CFV16 to the CFV39....to get that wider field of view with my CFE 40 IF too. Outstanding images Jim!

Gary

carstenw

That last shot (rooftop) is great, but I think that the top-left corner reduces its impact a lot. Have you tried cropping out the left chimney to get a more abstract light-dark composition (not square, sadly, but 3:2 ought to work here)?

jlm

Workshop Member
Carsten: that was a quick experiment, no cropping just a quick photmerge in cs4 of two full frame images (took about 40 seconds). i agree a bit or crop would help, but i like the "tee" created by the ventilators

her is another merge of the same two jpgs but in autopanogiga (took about 4 minutes) my first try with that program

i output jpg from Phocus just for expediency, normally i would have .tif and spend some time on the images.

carstenw

Yes, the T is nice. Too bad the roof isn't a little wider on the left. Anyway, still a really nice shot, real-life abstracts are my favorites.