The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thank you Darr :)

Thanks Jurgen, yes couple of patches of magenta and I did think of removing it, but it actually looked like this. The colours are very truthful so I kept it. I think the Leaf 5 is producing good colours right out of the box.
Dan

Have you ever thought of running a workshop for Landscape and/or Architecture in Europe ?
Perhaps in Cooperation with ALPA ? ? ?

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Bob,

First, I have little training and less professional photographic experience. Nevertheless, I will try to answer. I react very differently to the two versions (I'm combing both 2a and 2b - they function the same for me). The second one is easier to describe. The arch and bench are both clear elements, and my eye bounces between them. It's pleasant. The first version has less clear focus, but it has these magical woods. My eye drifts in wonder. Every so often it hits a bench. What's that doing here? It's a bit disturbing.

Now as a beginner, I'd be happy with creating the effect in version 2. Version 1, if that were my intent, I'd be very pleased indeed! But if I wanted the bench to be a more prominent piece mirroring the arch, I'd have more mixed feelings.

An art teacher I knew once lamented that her students were always creating magic and then promptly painting over it in an attempt to get it "right". Perhaps the magic in version 1 should be left as is.

Best,

Matt

Last edited:

danlindberg

Dan

Have you ever thought of running a workshop for Landscape and/or Architecture in Europe ?
Perhaps in Cooperation with ALPA ? ? ?
Yes I have. However, it is more logistics and planning than one might think at first.
I gave around 10 workshops in the late nineties, some good 12-14 years ago. This was in my backyard in the Andalusian mountains and I was using Fuji GX 680 III and shooting Velvia. As far as I could tell, those workshops were successful in that my Land Rover Defender with nine seats were all taken every time except on a few daily excursions.

That was then and now is now. My base is nowadays Sweden and even if a have access to a townhouse in Marbella, I do not have a Defender and after all these years my 'usual' mountainroads are either closed, have changed or have limited access.
So, already here it is not so easy to organize a day trip. And ofcourse, not to forget that after all these years I am very rusty in teaching. But I did like it a lot!

For me personally the ideal situation would be to assist an existing and professionally organized workshop, where not the whole project is on my shoulders alone.

That would be fun and exciting :)

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I understand .
I am pleased of the Assistant idea . :thumbup:
I will listen , if some rumors turn up at Photkina .

gerald.d

Yes I have. However, it is more logistics and planning than one might think at first.
I gave around 10 workshops in the late nineties, some good 12-14 years ago. This was in my backyard in the Andalusian mountains and I was using Fuji GX 680 III and shooting Velvia. As far as I could tell, those workshops were successful in that my Land Rover Defender with nine seats were all taken every time except on a few daily excursions.

That was then and now is now. My base is nowadays Sweden and even if a have access to a townhouse in Marbella, I do not have a Defender and after all these years my 'usual' mountainroads are either closed, have changed or have limited access.
So, already here it is not so easy to organize a day trip. And ofcourse, not to forget that after all these years I am very rusty in teaching. But I did like it a lot!

For me personally the ideal situation would be to assist an existing and professionally organized workshop, where not the whole project is on my shoulders alone.

That would be fun and exciting :)
Dan - you should maybe check out the annual Gulf Photo Plus that is held in Dubai. I'd sign up like a shot if you paid us a visit out here :)

rga

Bob,

First, I have little training and less professional photographic experience. Nevertheless, I will try to answer. I react very differently to the two versions (I'm combing both 2a and 2b - they function the same for me). The second one is easier to describe. The arch and bench are both clear elements, and my eye bounces between them. It's pleasant. The first version has less clear focus, but it has these magical woods. My eye drifts in wonder. Every so often it hits a bench. What's that doing here? It's a bit disturbing.

Now as a beginner, I'd be happy with creating the effect in version 2. Version 1, if that were my intent, I'd be very pleased indeed! But if I wanted the bench to be a more prominent piece mirroring the arch, I'd have more mixed feelings.

An art teacher I knew once lamented that her students were always creating magic and then promptly painting over it in an attempt to get it "right". Perhaps the magic in version 1 should be left as is.

Best,

Matt
Much appreciated Matt. Thanks so much,
Bob

danlindberg

Dan - you should maybe check out the annual Gulf Photo Plus that is held in Dubai. I'd sign up like a shot if you paid us a visit out here :)
Gerald: Thanks again for your confidence. I have now had half a dozen requests on email for workshops - maybe that's a sign to really try and make it happen :D

MGrayson

Possibly the stupidest use of a SK 35 lens, but here is a small crop (about 50% magnification) of an otherwise completely uninteresting interior shot with my brand new D800.. No! I mean IQ140! Cambo WRS AE/IQ140/SK 35! Almost as good, and MUCH more expensive! :ROTFL:

I am just thrilled with the easy rendering and natural color, the live view that feels like a vintage science fiction movie's video conference with Mars, oh, and the stunning sharpness. (Note: The sharpness is NOT on display in this crop. I just liked it. The basket these flowers are in will give you splinters, however.)

My first few shots were just out-the-window to check that it would focus at infinity wide open (it did) and that the corners sharpened up by f/11 (they did) but I can shift that cropped sensor all over the place and don't seem to lose too much in the corners (center filter on order).

More to come, :cool:,

Matt

Last edited:

Shashin

Yep. Now I just have to DO something with it. ;)
You could trade it in for a D800! ;)

Congrats. I think the 40MP sensors are really nice. They give great images without filling your hard drive up too quickly or taxing your processor too much if you decide to stitch.

PeterL

Congratulations on the IQ140 - you'll like it on tech camera! It's my platform as well, I use it on an Alpa. Great to have another IQ140 user here, not so many....

Cheers, -Peter

MGrayson

Hand held into the sun. Great dynamic range. That dark corner was fully corrected by the LCC, and then put back in in post. Go figure...

The texture is really much more like 4x5 B+W film than anything I've done before digitally (except for the harshly blown highlight in the sun).

--Matt

Last edited: