The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

kuau

Workshop Member
Wayne, great image, where did you take this from?
I am back in Park City and looking for places to shoot.

Steven

I normally just post in the other thread, I've always felt unless there was an element of the capture made possible by the technical camera itself, the forum is about the MFDB. I'm far from an expert on technical camera technique so most of the images I shoot with the tech camera really have nothing unique about using one and could have easily been done with my DF. Finally I have one that does have something do with using the arca, I am actually beginning to get the hang of using tilt. I wasn't much of a live view fan when the IQ180 came out, but after adapting a variable neutral density filter that pops onto all my lenses very easily, and using a pair of 3.5 reading glasses, I've found it's quite manageable. every thing sharp in this from close flowers to the tops of the mountains (can't really tell that from this web jpeg), all in 1 shot.

arca swiss rm3di, Rodenstock 40mm, 1/30th at f/13, ISO 35 (with some tilt and shift, don't remember what they were)

MARKC

One giant steel mill in southern China :loco:

I was waiting (actually standing) outside the shaky rusting chimney tower opposite to the steel mills for few hours, finally took the sunset...

ALPA / HASS V / LEICA S & M / PHASEONE IQ & P+

Last edited:

rga

Dunes @ Oceano State Vehicle Recreation Area
In the last place you would expect utter solitude and majestic beauty (any who've driven their vehicles onto the beach here will understand):

Alpa MAX, IQ160, Alpagon 50mm SB34, MS Surface Pro 3

MARKC

Adding a panoramic view of Steel Mill :poke:

Last edited:

stngoldberg

Wooden Baseball stadium here in Newport, RI
One of the oldest in the US
Home of the Newport Gulls
Arca Swiss w/32mm Rodenstock

MARKC

One small wetland in the New Territories of Hong Kong...:salute:

One of my early exercise with my first MFDB- Leaf 10R.

HR70/5.6_STC_Leaf 10R

stngoldberg

The 131-foot (40 m) schooner Coronet was designed by William Townsend and built for Rufus T. Bush by the C. & R. Poillon shipyard in Brooklyn. Bush then put forth a $10,000 challenge against any other yacht for a transatlantic race. The ocean race between the Coronet and the Caldwell Hart Colt's yacht Dauntless in March 1887 made Rufus T. Bush and the victorious Coronet famous—the New York Times devoted its entire first page for March 28, 1887 to the story

After winning the 3,000-mile race and the $10,000 purse, Rufus T. Bush decided to sell the Coronet and listed the vessel in England for $30,000.[4] Rufus and his son Irving T. Bush then circumnavigated the globe on the Coronet in 1888. The Coronet was the first registered yacht to cross Cape Horn from East to West.[5] After crossing the Pacific Ocean and stopping in Hawaii, the Coronet made port in China, Calcutta, Malta and elsewhere.[6][7]

The Coronet was sold before Rufus's death in 1890[3] The vessel then passed through six different owners (Arthur E. Bateman, John D. Wing, Arthur Curtiss James, Fred S. Pearson, John I. Waterbury, and Louis Bossert) by 1905. The Coronet circumnavigated the globe several times and was used for a Japanese-American scientific excursion during an eclipse.

The Kingdom, a religious organization founded by Frank Sandford, purchased the ship in 1905 for $10,000 and took it around the world on prayer missions, including to Palestine. The Kingdom owned the boat until 1995. The International Yacht Restoration School, in Newport, Rhode Island acquired the boat in the 1995 and began restoring of the vessel. IYRS added the Coronet to the National Register of Historic Places in 2004. In December 2006, IYRS conveyed title of the boat to the Coronet Restoration Partners in San Francisco to complete the restoration on IYRS's campus in Rhode Island, where restoration works started in 2010.[8][9]

ARCA SWISS with Hasselblad H5D50 back, rode 32 lens, 1 second at f8

Stanley

MARKC

Last Autumn in Tung Lung Island :sleep006:

- Remembered that was a very windy day, spraying a lot as seen...

MARKC

Another "Tung Lung Island" stitched pic in color :toocool:

- How do you feel between B&W and Color...

Last edited: