The GetDPI Photography Forums  

Go Back   The GetDPI Photography Forums > Digital Camera Forum > Medium Format Systems and Digital Backs

Medium Format Systems and Digital Backs "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here." (Dante)

Site Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th March 2013   #1

Compact NON-rangefinder or atleast AF 645 Film Camera

I'm thinking about getting a Fujifilm GA645zi like this one Fujifilm GA645ZI Medium Format Rangefinder Film Camera Black Hood 902520175311 | eBay because I want a compact 645 camera to carry around, preferably something with AF, but most importantly not a rangefinder, I have a 645AFD, and a 503CW but I want something more compact and simple to use but with good controls, I'm not sure if the GA645 meets all of these requirements, but thoughts with this camera, or other cameras to look at would be much appreciated.
MB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2013   #2

Re: Compact NON-rangefinder or atleast AF 645 Film Camera

isn't that Fuji a rangefinder? I think pretty well all the small ones are rangefinders.
hsteeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2013   #3

Fuji are the only people who created an AF 645 'compact' camera range.
The GA645, GA645w and the GA645zi. All are great little compact 645 cameras. All have manual modes. They are all rangefinder styled so I assume you mean you don't want a MF rangefinder?

I've got a ga645zi and the lens is great, the other two also have fab lenses, but are fixed focal length. I prefer the build on the ZI as it has more metal to the body and is in a way slightly more compact due to the flash placement.

AF is a little slow, but the meters are ace, flash exposures are good. Slight bit of shutter delay.

The other thing to remember with them is that the frame is in portrait orientation when the camera is level as normal. Have to turn it 90deg to get landscape!
craigosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2013   #4

Yes, I meant non-manual focus rangefinders, and thank you for the advice sounds like it might be worth getting to just to fool around with. were they all autofocus or only the ZI?
MB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2013   #5

Yeah all auto focus. The GS645 series are the manual focus, and older versions.

You might find a champagne colored one a bit cheaper. But the black one does look really cool. I use my zi as a carry round compact camera lol.
craigosh is offline   Reply With Quote