The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax 645Z - oh boy!

torger

All 6 um sensors use microlenses. The ones found in P65+ and later are however friendlier to tech wides than p30+, that's why it's become a widespread belief that they have none, but they do have them.

On sk35 and even rodenstock 40 you can for shifted shots see ripple caused by the microlenses, but a good lcc algorithm fixes it.

The new Sony sensor is not so good with tech wides as shown with IQ250 testing. It's not a tech wide angle sensor, so it's use for tech cam is mainly limited to table top photography.

What tech cams need is the new backlit sensor type which puts the photodiode at the surface, but it's only available in small sizes still. Old sensors without microlenses instead have problems with poor fill factor and thus worse aliasing.

(Concerning aliasing I am surprised that portrait photographers have not demanded aa filters on their sensors, but they still seem to prefer pixel peep resolution rather that getting rid of aliasing artifacts such as moire an color errors on fabrics.)

Last edited:

Ben Rubinstein

Should we worry about the fact that we consider the H camera to be 'not too bad looking considering'? Wow but our standards have been dropped by modern MF cameras! :D

bensonga

Should we worry about the fact that we consider the H camera to be 'not too bad looking considering'? Wow but our standards have been dropped by modern MF cameras! :D
Not too bad looking considering..? I'm still going with "it's a good looking camera", especially when clad in all black or stainless steel.

I do think the Leica S is the best looking MFD camera on the market today. I'm not sure which of the MF film cameras could top it.

Certainly my Pentax 67II doesn't come close. In fact, I'd have to admit that is very unattractive looking, but it's still a satisfying camera to use and the lenses are excellent.

Just this morning I bought the final P67 lens I've been wanting, the 75mm f2.8 AL. After seeing the images that Ed Hurst and others have shot with this lens on the 645D, I know it will perform beautifully. :D

Gary

bensonga

LOL. This proves the old adage that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure the GX680 has many fine and unique traits, but I would never call this Frankencamera beautiful. :eek:

bensonga

The classic simplicity and beauty of the Hasselblad 500 series cameras, perhaps?
Classic simplicity of the Hasselblad 500 body and CFV digital. :thumbs:

If it had a 50 megapixel full frame square sensor it would be perfect.

Gary

fotografz

The classic simplicity and beauty of the Hasselblad 500 series cameras, perhaps?
For me it was the Hasselblad 203FE. The fact that you could use it with all the leaf shutter Zeiss lenses or faster aperture FE lenses with it's focal plane shutter made it even more "attractive".

Prior to the Leica S, I always thought the Contax 645 was the best looking MF camera … and still is the sexiest looking modular MF camera.

- Marc

johnnygoesdigital

No doubt about it. $8,500 has to get anyone's attention. However, that doesn't alter the fact that you cannot use it on a tech camera, and even if you could I believe it employs the micro lenses that you have pointed out as some sort of deficiency.

FYI, Hasselblad makes six configurations of backs, only two use micro-lenses, (the 1.3X crop 40meg, and I assume the crop frame 50 CMOS). The larger sized sensors are the logical choice for tech cameras employing movements … none of which use micro-lenses. Phase and Leaf have even more.

Not that I'm against an enclosed system camera … mine is one of them:)

- Marc
Only deficient if your primary goal is to shoot tech. However, it would seem pretty obvious those interested in the Pentax are not considering shooting tech with it. I'm sure the same holds true for the Leica S owners or as you like to say, "horses for courses".

fotografz

Classic simplicity of the Hasselblad 500 body and CFV digital. :thumbs:

If it had a 50 megapixel full frame square sensor it would be perfect.

Gary
Yep. I'd still be in that camp if Hasselblad had done a square CFV digital back at least close to FF … 40 or 50 meg would have been more than enough.

I used Vs for over 40 years straight and hated to let go a few years ago.

Oh well.

- Marc

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
LOL. This proves the old adage that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure the GX680 has many fine and unique traits, but I would never call this Frankencamera beautiful. :eek:
Careful, careful... they are the sexiest cameras in the world, and they are easily insulted ;)

johnnygoesdigital

Yep. I'd still be in that camp if Hasselblad had done a square CFV digital back at least close to FF … 40 or 50 meg would have been more than enough.

I used Vs for over 40 years straight and hated to let go a few years ago.

Oh well.

- Marc
Ditto on a FF CFV DB...

I really like the "V" series with black and chrome piping. I might even mate it with a fat pixel DB if they can be found, but for now content with square film. It feels like a work of art and looking down into the viewfinder, everything it frames looks like a work of art! For that, I say thank you Mr. Hasselblad.

Ben Rubinstein

Given that Sony seems to be selling this chip wholesale to all comers, I wonder if Fuji will jump in? They make some very nice MF rangefinders which I'd prefer them to do rather than Sony having a go at it...

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Could a digital RF folder be precise enough for a WA lens ? ? ?:banghead:
I doubt that , although the idea is great .

Happy Easter to everybody . Its time to search for digital eggs .:ROTFL:

fotografz

Why a WA?

Didn't those folders come with a fixed 75mm or 65mm?

Something between 35mm and 50mm equivalent in 35mm terms would work for me.

Just ate a digital egg, and I'm hungry for more pixels already.:)

Hippity-Hoppity Easter!

- Marc

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Yes , true .
Since I shoot with my ALPA , I think mostly in WA .
Never did that with HASSELBLAD .:salute:

jvora

This post reflects the Present and Future, here is a brief account of the PAST !

We sure have come a long way !

Enjoy this Video

Jai

ps : Love the way Hasselblad is pronounced !!