The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Timelapse setup for documenting landscape work?

greypilgrim

Hi all,
Not sure if I've picked the right forum, but I'm looking for suggestions as to how to set up for a multiple week landscape project we are going to be undergoing.

What I want to do is figure out a way to set up a camera holder that can consistently hit the right position but that allows me to remove the camera, use it elsewhere, then put it back and have it close to if not spot on for continuing the timelapse with the same framing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Doug

Last edited:

Shashin

I would just fix a tripod head that uses a quick plate. Keep the quick plate on your camera. That would be the simplest. I might still frame by giving a little space around the edge so you can register the series later.

Shashin

So after you take the photographs, there might be slight changes in camera position. You should be able to overlay the images to have them aligned--registration is the photo term for putting a series of images in the same position. If you frame perfectly, there will be no room to slightly shift images to get them to match.