The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M lens on Nikon DSLR

I'm afraid it will not work.
You can use that adaptor only with Visoflex lens or wit M lens with detachable head.
Ario

deepdiver

It's too late :(
i already placed an order of it one week ago.
and today, i received the Item.
Tonight I will try it on my Nikon DSLR.
I will let u know the result tommorow

Thank You

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
If you read what Eastland has to say about the Visoflex and standard M lenses it seems that mounting a 50 'lux directly on the adapter will result in it becoming the equivalent of a close up lens (on an M at least).

It is a matter of system register (flange to film/sensor distance)
Leica M is 27.8 mm
Nikon F is 46.5 mm
Visoflex is 62.5 mm
You can adapt Visoflex lens to Nikon F camera by interposing a ring of approx 16 mm thickness but to use an M lens on a Nikon F camera you should, in theory, put the lens inside the camera body to get the 27.8 mm distance from the film/sensor, which of course you cannot.
A lens belonging to a given system can be always used, by interposing an adaptor, on a camera with a shorter register, but not vice versa.
This is my understanding
Ario

deepdiver

If you read what Eastland has to say about the Visoflex and standard M lenses it seems that mounting a 50 'lux directly on the adapter will result in it becoming the equivalent of a close up lens (on an M at least).
I tried it last nite.... :cry:
U are right, I can only use it as a close up lens.
so disappointed.
dunno what to do with it, feels like I want to throw it away.
It's a useless item.