The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bright pixel in D700

Lars

My D700 has developed a bright red pixel, clearly visible at ISO 6400 and up. I'm wondering is this could be grounds for warranty repairs, the camera is under warranty until late January. Haven't dealt with Nikon Europe in warranty repairs before.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Sounds like a clear warranty case to me, Lars.
I would definitely send it in for repair (or maybe they even exchange it to a new body).
You have nothing to loose, apart from being without the camera for whatever it takes ... a couple of weeks ?
Please let us know if Nikon treats you well in this situation.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
fwiw, an acquaintance got a body swap from NPS (uk) because of a dead pixel that he noticed a couple of weeks after the purchase.

Not saying it's common policy for Nikon EU, but it's definitely worth a try. In any case they should take it under warranty.

Lars

Thanks guys :) yep I just need to decide if I should wait until after the holidays.

DavidL

NPS in the UK remapped a D300 sensor for me at no cost. I took it downa nd they did it while I waited. You do have to make an appointment.