The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 4 & 3.7.8

harmsr

Workshop Member
OK WTF!!!!!!!!

I just downloaded Capture One 4 with my original M8 license which was never used, as I already owned Capture One Pro individually before.

I wanted to try some of the new features in Capture One 4.

Capture One 4 is working fine.

HOWEVER, Capture One Pro 3.7.8 now opens up and then just freezes with the cursor showing constant busy and I have no control. Other applications run just fine during this time, but Capture One Pro 3.7.8 is frozen solid. I have to do a forced quit to shut it down.

I'm on the latest MacBook Pro, with Leopard and everything updated.

HELP!!!!! Has anyone else run into this?

woodyspedden

Ray

I have loaded and used both programs successfully on my Mac Pro but I am still running Tiger. I have tried Leopard several times and always seem to run into issues of incompatibility with some software. Except for Time Machine I haven't found anything about Leopard that would move me from the much more stable Tiger. JMHO...........YMMV

woody

harmsr

Workshop Member
Woody,

Thanks for responding. However, Leopard is really my only choice as it is a new computer that came with Leopard pre-installed and honestly this is my first problem.

I guess that I should Phase One tech support a question. It would be nice if you could call them vs. emailing.

Best,

Ray

woodyspedden

OK WTF!!!!!!!!

I just downloaded Capture One 4 with my original M8 license which was never used, as I already owned Capture One Pro individually before.

I wanted to try some of the new features in Capture One 4.

Capture One 4 is working fine.

HOWEVER, Capture One Pro 3.7.8 now opens up and then just freezes with the cursor showing constant busy and I have no control. Other applications run just fine during this time, but Capture One Pro 3.7.8 is frozen solid. I have to do a forced quit to shut it down.

I'm on the latest MacBook Pro, with Leopard and everything updated.

HELP!!!!! Has anyone else run into this?
Ray

May just be me but I can't seem to open M8 DNG files in 3.7.8. Weird but I have yet to find a way to do so. Any help would be truly welcomed!

Thanks

Woody