The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon 60mm macro/ This is the new one

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just got my 60mm macro from David . Thanks Bud came at 9:15 DHL works like a charm. Just heading out for a road trip but wanted to at least try it before getting serious with it. It handles very nice and it fits in my bag. i have a real issue with getting big again. I am spoiled and just flat out lazy to carry gear like I did in my past . The M8 is no help here it just spoiled me rotten. Good new is the d300 is just a tad taller. The other good news is i can get a D300 and 5 lenses in my J803 bag which I use for my Leica system. if I have to go bigger than this than i am going to quit photography and go sell used cars. I am almost dead serious. LOL

I hate weight and bulk and i carefully chose this Nikon system to keep it light and not bulky. But sitting in the bag right now is the 17-35 , Zeiss 50, Zeiss 85 1.4, 24 shift , 180mm and SB 800. Now squeezing in the 60 macro maybe a challenge than I have a complete Leica m8 to back me up for this trip and use also. One body, 12,18,21,28,35 and 75 cron . Frankly besides one more body that is all I have left. I do have a 50 pre asph hopefully at Camera West waiting for me though.

Anyway I am rambling . Images

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay here is a funny one.I have my lights and my stands bag so this leaves me no bag for cloths. So I put a paper bag in my lights stand and squeeze some cloths in there and when I get to the hotel I will put my cloths in the paper bag and check in. Freaking airline restrictions on 2 bags leaves me no choice unless i pay for extra baggage. Now talk about feeling like a bag lady. LOL