The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

filter help

Ugh.

My lens cap popped off and now I have a couple of light scratches in the coating on the element of my new Zeiss lens.

I have been against filters,but I can't take it anymore.

What's a good filter to use for protection on a high quality lens?

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Ugh.

My lens cap popped off and now I have a couple of light scratches in the coating on the element of my new Zeiss lens.

I have been against filters,but I can't take it anymore.

What's a good filter to use for protection on a high quality lens?
Heliopan.
At least the same quality as B+W, lower pricing. Preferably the SH-PMC versions if you're into heavy dust and/or humid environment.

(note about ZF: good thing about the 50M, front glass is so recessed that you don't need one. 35 is about the same... the 21 is another matter of course)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Another :thumbs: for the Hoya HD filters. I don't use them on all lenses but those such as the 28/1.4 get this level of protection. If the goal is purely impact/scratch protection then these are the ones to get. Obviously not indestructible but pretty close.