The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D300 AWB in studio

LJL

I have long been tempted by this sort of thing, especially in some tricky lighting situations. My only question relates to how well the meter reading matches any settings on the camera or in conversion apps. Even if it is not exactly the same, if there is a systematic error difference, one could still dial in the "correction".

Second thing.....would it be able to handle the "tint" problem? and how? Yeah, I am asking for a lot here ;-)

LJ

dfarkas

Workshop Member
I have long been tempted by this sort of thing, especially in some tricky lighting situations. My only question relates to how well the meter reading matches any settings on the camera or in conversion apps. Even if it is not exactly the same, if there is a systematic error difference, one could still dial in the "correction".

Second thing.....would it be able to handle the "tint" problem? and how? Yeah, I am asking for a lot here ;-)

LJ
LJ,

Here are some grabs from the PDF memo I got. See if this clears it up. Basically, yes it handles WB and Tint offset.

David

LJL

LJ,

Here are some grabs from the PDF memo I got. See if this clears it up. Basically, yes it handles WB and Tint offset.

David
Whoa Nellie! Now this is getting seriously good. If one can translate these readings to various RAW conversion settings, it will be excellent color balance settings. Then one could dial in their own preferences, should they want.

I am liking the specs and promises. I would really like to see some "actuals" once this baby ships. One can argue that the simple black/gray/white device will work, and it will, but for folks that do dial down/up strobes, they usually never take a new reading, and if the strobes are not consistent, things go off. This could be a real boon for that kind of shooting.

You MUST keep us posted on this. Thanks for bringing it up, David.

LJ

LJL

If I were not struggling to figure out how to get my MF fix "fixed" also, I would be jumping on this. It would be a real asset for the MF shooting also, so I really have little excuse. Like Guy said.....350 and I am in....but it looks like it gonna be a wee bit more ;-)

LJ

P.S. This is nice to get ambient as well as flash. How many times have any of us shot stuff in 7200K "daylight" thinking it was maybe 6000K or so?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Go ahead and post it Carlos. I will have to play with it after the workshop this week. Thanks too

etrigan63

As you wish sir.

Here is the Aperture 2 version.

WB came in at 4273K. She also has a stray hair on her hip.