The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One Pro 3.7.8 not good for D3

harmsr

Workshop Member
As I posted in another thread, I have been having trouble using Capture One Pro 3.7.8 recently.

I related it to installing Capture One 4, but it seems that Capture One Pro 3.7.8 is not really compatible with the D3 yet.

See below from Phase One tech support.

08. Apr 2008 05:32

Jakub,

It appears that you are correct. When I finally get control back and switch to an image folder with only Leica M8 files, everything works fine.

Do you have any idea of when an update could be expected.

Thanks,

Ray

08. Apr 2008 04:43

Dear Ray,
thank you for trying this.
A thought crossed my mind now, maybe the difference was not merely installing Capture One 4, but the fact that you got a new camera? If this never happened before you started using Nikon D3, then the answer could lie here because we are aware that some images shot with Nikon D3 (especially with manual lenses) can cause Capture One PRO to hang or crash, whereas Capture One 4 should work fine.
Please confirm whether you have seen this problem before.
I assume that viewing images other than D3 should result in the application working properly (provided that there are no D3 images in the folder)
In that case, the only solution would be to use Capture One 4 for the D3 until we come up with a patch for the PRO version.
With kind regards,

Jakub
Phase One Technical Support

08. Apr 2008 03:36

Jakub,

I deleted the Capture One Pro 3.7.8 folder from applications and the Phase One folder from rayharms/library/application support then reinstalled the program. Unfortunately that did not fix the issue. I can open Capture One Pro 3.7.8, select a process folder and start to preview or work on images. After selecting one image, changing to a second image, when I select the third image the program freezes. I am selecting to view each of these images individually. After some time, (several minutes) the program returns control and then repeats the freeze.

I have also uploaded a picture of the Console.log.

Your help is appreciated.

Once again, this only started after I loaded Capture One 4 with a second license number.

Ray Harms

31. Mar 2008 05:34

Dear Ray,
the most likely cause for this behavior is that the preference file got somehow corrupt. Reinstalling Capture One PRO should resolve this, but only if you remove all files prior to the new installation.
Please follow the steps in our Knowledge Base article #1907:
http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Conten...1907&LanguageID=1&layoutid=SupportSite - Main
This should reset all Capture One settings and therefore remove this problem.
If this process won't result in successful resolution of the problem, please let us know and we will analyze the situation further.
In that case we would most likely need Console log files, namely console.log and Capture One PRO crash log from your Console.app (please make sure to click the upload button before submitting the case to us)
Thank you very much for contacting us.
With kind regards,

Jakub

31. Mar 2008 01:20

I have Capture One Pro 3.7.8 registered under xxxxxxxxxxx with its own license that has been running fine on my new (Latest version) MacBook Pro with Leopard (also completely updated). Today I downloaded Capture One 4 with a different license that I received with my Leica M8 (registered under xxxxxxxxxxx). It installed fine and works fine also. My problem is that now, I attempt to use my original Capture One Pro 3.7.8 and it freezes. What happens is that it opens to the last page I was on which is selecting folders, then has one blurred preview showing and just gives me the spinning cursor forever. The situation never resolves itself and the program stays frozen. If I open other programs in their own windows, they run just fine while Pro 3.7.8 stays in a frozen state. A forced quit is required to shut it down. Restarting the application is the same problem. I have also attempted to reinstall Capture One Pro 3.7.8 (without removing any of the original files) to see if that fixed anything and it did not.

What is wrong and how do I get Capture One Pro 3.7.8 working again?

Thanks,

Ray Harms

harmsr

Workshop Member
This is the last response from Phase One.

They do seem to care, were quick to respond, and polite.

In the interim, DO NOT use Capture One 3.7.8 Pro with the D3 files.

Dear Ray,
on one hand I am glad that we could find the reason, on the other sad that I cannot provide you with an immediate solution besides recommending using Capture One 4.
The truth is that our engineers are working hard on Capture One 4 PRO and therefore if they go to fix issues in Capture One PRO 3.x, they will delay further the work on Capture One 4 PRO, which should be their priority.
Because of this I cannot give you a precise date or even a rough time-frame because there are too many factors at play.
Hopefully using Capture One 4 will be sufficient until the update, either in form of Capture One PRO 3.7.9 or Capture One 4 PRO arrives.
Thank you very much for your understanding and for contacting us.
With kind regards,

Jakub

Best,

Ray