The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D700 - BKT - and Low battery power

92hb_hb

Yesterday, I was trying to use the BKT feature on my d700 and it did'nt seem to work. I checked the battery and it was on it's last leg, maybe 2 blocks left before dying..

So I was wondering if this was preventing the BKT feature from working.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Apologies in advance if these are too obvious a set of questions:

1) When you selected bkt mode from the front bkt button you selected the bracket set and it was displayed correctly in the viewfinder correct?

2) Unless you have continuous shooting turned on the bracket set will shoot one shot of the series per click - not the whole series. If continuous shooting is on, hold down the shutter and the series will fire.

3) If focus priority is set, but there's nothing in focus, the camera won't fire.

If the battery has enough power to shoot at all then it'll shoot a bracket set too. Ignore the battery indicator and select battery info from the menu and you'll get a much better view as to whether you have enough power to shoot. It takes a LOT to run down the D700 battery and I don't think I've ever had it refuse to shoot - if the battery is so low it won't shoot, it's flashing and not doing anything.

Hope that helps.

92hb_hb

i figured it out. I hadn't used BKT in a while and forgot to hold the FN button while pressing the shutter.. Once I realize that, It worked like a charm.. Chalk this up to User error..

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Err ... you don't need to press the FN button while pressing the shutter. :confused:

You only need to press the FN button when you rotate the rear command dial to select the bracket set and the front dial to set the bracket EV steps. After that it's all shutter release.